Palace of Ferzhul

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by mague, Feb 11, 2013.

1. mague Active Member

Hi,

i try to finish the Shadow Odyssey signature and i am on the last step. Has anyone solo/molo'd this zone ? I cant beat that #?$%& library. The failure AE is devasting.

My pally merc is able to hold the three named, but how do i click/target the books ? TAB doesnt work and i need to heal the pally once in a while.

Any strats for moloing the zone ?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

There is an orb that floats to the top of the Library. If it reaches the top, you wipe. To pull it back down you have to destroy the books that spawn during the fight. The books should automatically come down as you burn the named. The 3 named do resurrect though a few times before finally dying.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

I started that on another character but when you have to go GUK and Miraguls - the Devs have raised the level of the mobs to equal your - so althought the quest is grey the mobs will be all yellow to you.
    mague likes this.
  4. Zannah Active Member

I don't know what class/level you are, but I've never personally bothered with the books. It's far easier to just burn the nameds like crazy (all of them being at zero HP at the same time resets the AOE timer just like doing the books would), if you have the DPS to do so.
  5. mague Active Member

Those are ground spawn or in the air ? I couldnt see any attackable books but will give it another try.
  6. mague Active Member

Me and Pally Proudhilt waste them all :p Ykeshas Stronghold is just one big wooohaaa :DI justr dont see any targetable books in Ferzhul's...
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

They should spawn in the air and come down, if not then it is probably quite hard to target them. As another said, if you can burn fast enough the mobs "reviving" will reset the fail-blast.
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

The three-named encounter is a tug-o-war.

There is an orb in the center. If it reaches the top, you die. If it goes into the floor, the named can die for realz.
    Three named up = orb rises quickly
    Two named up = orb rises slowly
    No named up = orb falls to ground

The books "stun" the orb, so if you kill a book and loot it, and throw the looted item at the named, the orb will pause for a period of time. If you're able to simply kill the named quickly, and rebat them back down when they pop back up, you won't have to worry about books and should kill this encounter easy enough.

Cheers!
    Estred likes this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

Seriously, do you even try before complaigning ? Just askin' because Guk zones don't scale and are mostly grey at 95 and very green at 91 (the minimum level to grey out the quest)

Anyway, here's a tip for Miragul and other instances that actualy scale : mentor down 5 levels, zone in, unmentor. If the now blue mobs are still too hard to solo/molo, bring some people with you.