Pack ponies and combat pets have become HEURISTICALLY SELF AWARE!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elostirion, May 19, 2022.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Even more so than before, my pack ponies and combat pets seem to know exactly what I'm trying to click on, whether it is a shiny, a Forlorn Gist sparkly resource, a regular resource node or a corpse to loot, and they will maneuver to stand right on top of that thing so that I cannot click on it.

Affects gameplay.
    Always happens.
    Has been happening since 2009 or so when the AI was changed away from all of those pets having the 'home' location of behind you to in front of you.

But now it is worse. Instead of just randomly getting in the way, its like THEY KNOW. They even cooperate to stand in slightly different places to cover more of the geometry of the thing I want to click. It doesnt matter whether its an evil Necromancer pet or a Mystic puppy or a Channeler construct- they all know each other. I currently have familiars and expansion-pets constantly hidden, or who knows how far the conspiracy would extend.

Please save us from our pets! If they're actively antagonistic towards us and they're learning...they will eventually take over the server and.. .I dont know.. cause rampant stat and plat inflation or something.
    Tanz Sixfingers, Twyla and Morukta like this.