Oww!! Me head!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

The impact crators we find through out Norrath are there for looks and story purpose. Don't blame the art team for having large chunks of Luclin in an unrealisticly small crator compaired to the rock. It *looks* good.
    If you really want a Lore explination, you'll have to wait until the devs give us an official one. It could be Luclin (the goddess) interviened and the shards of Luclin caused far less damage than they should of. It could be the nature of the explosion caused the fragments to be more or less dropped from a short hight above Norrath instead of from its lunar orbit. Maybe the various major nature spirits found on Norrath combined their powers to prevent the utter destruction of all life as we know it. Maybe even the Nameless himself willed the fragments to cause the exact amount of damage that they did. Its not like the Nameless cares what the rest of the gods agreed to do or not to do.
    I really hope it never gets explained. Quite franky, I don't think it would make a good story unless you approached it from the other side (i.e. it gets explained as part of another story, not a story to explain why Norrath wasn't devistated by the Luclin fragments).
    One thing that was quite disappointing was that the Luclin fragment is a crystal, that didn't appear in Norrath until RoK came out and only in Veneril's Crown hanging off of your more traditional huge fragment of Luclin that has the familiar metalic sheen. A pony sized rock would of been much more satisfying than a RoK invention introduced in a Danak quest series.
  2. ARCHIVED-Reiella Guest

Meirril wrote:
    I'm going with the shards actually teleported to Norrath :).
  3. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

If you look at the fall pattern for the piece that's in Venril's Crown in JW, you'll see that it took out a large portion of the hill side when it came down.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I think why there was not as much destruction is that the Rocks are out of Phase slightly.

Still isn't getting close to the time for the next event?
  5. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

will there be another forum quest before the expansion goes live?
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I hope so, the expansion isn't until Feb. (Incidently misses a working spell check feature on this forum.)
  7. ARCHIVED-Kurzaa Guest

In reading the previous 18 pages late last night I failed to notice if this is a quest that goes in your journal. Can someone let me know if it is a journal quest or not and if so what the journal quest is called? Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Kurzaa wrote:
    nope no journal entry for this quest, simply harvest the items and when you have all 5 go to TD, it'll allow you to open it. A few hidden quests in game are like that.
  9. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

so we getting another quest anytime soon?
  10. ARCHIVED-xeyda Guest

Any word on a new step for this?