Oww!! Me head!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cronyn Guest

So there I was, minding my own business, pondering the wonders and mysteries of axes and ale (both of which are amazingly important). If you haven't pondered these, you really should. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. So suddenly, there was this brilliant flash of light, and these things fell on the table in front of me!! I almost spilled my stout, but you can all rest easy - I didn't, the stout is safe.
    So I found these... I looked at them for a while, but I don't think I can figure them out. What do you guys think?
    [IMG]

That's the first one. Here's the second.

[IMG]

See? I can't read that! Maybe one of you more scholarly types can figure this out. Oh! One more thing. I found this in me beard!
    [IMG]
    Must have fallen there! Almost fell into me stout, which obviously would have been a travesty. I think a few others have appeared in other places, too, from what I am hearing... maybe it's worth looking for all of them?
    I'd like to help, but as I mentioned before, I'm pretty busy with my musings. I'm interested to hear what you guys find, though! Best of luck!
    *ponder... ponder... ponder..."
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Dude. If THAT was in your beard... you're getting combs for Frostfell.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Oh my.. well.. time to get to work then.. think I may need some ale of my own for this one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Here's a link to the composite of the shards that we actually discovered so far. I've fixed 9 (it looks like they resized it, it had artifacts and was slightly too small). http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/...iscodshards.jpg

I'm still working on putting the "discovered" (note the quotes) shards together with that. Stay tuned.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xdatinelia Guest

I'm loves these kinds of lore thingies! Back to translating now tho.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Loggin in know is this Erudish? They really need and easier way to find the fonts...(I like lore, not good with searching through the EQ2 icons, especially with the all my screen shots dissapearing from the screenshots folder since Yekesha).
  7. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Yeah its erudish.
  8. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

Im just treating this like a cryptogram. Might take longer but I got no access to fonts and not sure this is a known one. On glass #1 I got the first line so far as....
    FROM THE VAULTS OF ELARAD
    I HAVE _A_A_ _ _ TO TRANSLATE
    Will post more as it makes sense but thats a beginning..... if correct at all. I'm just using standard reasoning with characters.

EDIT: Man I need glasses with these fonts!
  9. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen of the History and Lore boards...

SPOILER: The divided, Reunited!

Translators, to you
    I now entrust this puzzle
    My work here is done
    ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

I do have access to the font, and it's still pretty tough.. Erudish is hard on the eyes. I started to translate the second pannel, and I seem to be getting a lot of gibberish so far.. :/
  11. ARCHIVED-Xdatinelia Guest

Sesketh@Everfrost wrote in a thread about translation of the Obelisk:
    A know how for newer folks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Sorako@Crushbone wrote:
    Hmm. Could you take a screenshot of the font and host it on imageshack and give us a link? Despite my little Haiku I'd love to translate if I could get the font.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Sorako@Crushbone wrote:
    Try it with bifocals!! gah
  14. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Hmm.. despite my problems with the second pannel, this one is comming along nicely.

If you can't get the font out from the translation faq there, I'll post a copy.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Sorako@Crushbone wrote:
    No EQ2 at work is why I can't get the font out ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Lol, well that does make sense!
    Here's a link .. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...natsea/erud.jpg
  17. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Woooo! *gets to translating*
  18. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Sorako@Crushbone wrote:
    Whee, thanks =)
  19. ARCHIVED-Krishti Guest

Thank you so much!
  20. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

No problem! Hopefully you all are much faster at this than I am (an hour for four words and some gibberish.. *shakes fist at Erudish*) or we could be here for the next week. :p