Overseer's traits icons

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

In today patch, you changed the traits icons. You also changed the chests to preview if they're treasured, legendary or fabled which I sure love.

As seen in this screenshot, some overseer traits changed. I don't have any rare agents so I don't have the full list, but I have 2 that changed icons:

[IMG]

So, Kror is Strong and Magnus is Tough.
    Those where a flame and a purple slice of pie (yeah, always saw that one as a pie, sorry). I don't really see the point of changing those icons, they're not that easy to pick apart now.

And if you could, please, take a loot at the chests actually showing the list of what they can give, it would be really nice (and fix rewards along the way... yes, I'm greedy like that).
    Niami DenMother and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I will note that the two changed icons look an awful lot like one another. This compounds the problem with Vigilant and Honest, which have sword icons. If you're going to change the icons, make them more unique. There's 214 pages of icons in /UI/Default/images/icons which should surely give us some scope for uniqueness and appropriateness.

Here are the Traits I know about, and the icons I'd have selected for them:
    • Agile: icon_ss16 (person doing backflip)
    • Cautious: icon_ss24 (brown tiptoeing guy)
    • Dexterous: icon_ss17 (blue hand, manual dexterity, slight of hand)
    • Diplomatic: icon_ms3 (handshake)
    • Focused: icon_ss1 (face with closed eyes and starburst on forehead)
    • Honest: icon_ss9 or icon_ss22 (upright open hand, like someone swearing an oath)
    • Lucky: icon_ss21 (rolling dice); icon_is65 (horseshoe)
    • Righteous: icon_ss15 (Mithaniel Marr's helmet)
    • Strong: icon_ss1 (flexed biceps)
    • Tough: icon_ss15 (boot, "tough as old boot leather" being proverbial)
    • Vigilant: icon_ss1 (eye)
    • Charming: No Change (snake, plays off "snake charmer")
    • Cunning: No Change (I guess the goblet is a play on Vizzini from Princess Bride?)
    • Devoted: No Change
    • Intelligent: No Change
    • Noble: No Change
    • Persuasive: No Change
    • Sly: No Change
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, when I opened the thread, I hadn't really looked at everything, but it's worse than I thought. Honestly, the new icons are VERY hard to differentiate at a single glance. Before, you knew to search for the "big flame" "purple pie" "foot" or something, now it's the tiny man, diagonal thingy, horizontal thingy, group of tiny shadows (think that one is for diplomatic) and things like that. It's not practical at all.

focused - wise - tough - sly - dexterous / honest - righteous
    [IMG]

cunning - strong / wise
    [IMG]

devoted - tough - sly - strong / noble - honest
    [IMG]