Overseer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Seth, May 20, 2020.

1. Seth Well-Known Member

you stop continuation of vet rewards because players can stop and return and essentially do nothing to " earn " them, Yet you add overseer which uses the same process, log in log out, claim and repeat, and give it a random chance for someone like that to get adorns worth Kronos. #hmm wellokaythen. #Logic.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I hope Kander listens to how hugely unpopular the overseer feature is. It's not a slight on his part, he's tried to introduce something and it's not been well received. Let's just kill it off in the next xpac and pretend it never happened.
    Argosunited, CSP84, Ratala and 2 others like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

I disagree. I rather like the Overseer game. Sort of like a card game / gambling table in game. I've not heard single complaint in guild as well.

But hell, I loved the gambling goblin as well. Bring back da' goblin and MOAR Overseer!
    Yenk and Breanna like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion, but are you really happy with Overseers when you consider it is in lieu of questing and depth of content, like we used to get? Look at BoL, Overseers are INSTEAD of all the stuff that's missing.
    Are you also comfortable with BIS runes being locked behind the overseer RNG?
    Ratala, Argosunited and Snikkety like this.
  5. Julesholland Active Member

For what it is worth, I really dislike the Overseer system, as a RNG loot distribution system it sucks.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

BIS Runes are locked behind a lot of things. Flawless Raids, solo / heroic content and Overseers. Got a lot of mine before Overseers even launched. So not sure of your point there. I don't consider the Overseer as in lieu of anything. It is just something else to do in the game.

If it bugs you people all that much...don't play it.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello ,

I can confirm the sugesstion that higer tier quests Fabled / Celest 10 / 15 hour are not realy worth to do i do them with like 70 or 75% Bonus chance an 98% of the time i get Gear to salvage / Infusers or for Crown of the best Planar Fragments or Essence of Chaos.
    I Saw only 2 VIII Adorn Recipies since Addown start , i have all Agents from the higest Expansion Pac and every Toon owns at least one Fabled and or Celestial Merc and Familiar.

Mostly i got da....mit potions from Bonus Chests instat of any usefull Stuff like Red Addorn Recipes of any Kind or Resercher Potion.

Helfiren.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

Could you provide clarification? Overseers came out with BoL, so how did you get Empyral runes before Overseers launched? Or did you mean before they released the OS leveling concept?

I don't hate the OS concept. What I don't like is how much content is locked only to those rewards such as the Empyral/Shadowed crafting recipe books. To me, OS could easily, and preferably be executed from outside the EQ2 client. Something I could do on my phone while at work for example. Given the length of some of the quest runs, that would be nice.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

Yeah, they did come with BoL...but I never messed around with the overseer until a month or so ago. My wife was using my weapon smith to make arrows for the guild and said..."why isn't your overseer set up"?

I'm like ..."ya know, I've been meaning to get around to that"....so she unpacked everything and set it up while I was at work.

So, all of the empyral runes on my main came from solos, raids and quite a few from guildies (we all share extras)

Since I have been messing around with the overseers, I've gotten a couple of runes..reactionary & expedient come to mind..along with a ton of stifle, mez, fear & stuns...but none of the really good rune set pieces. My alts are still trying get them & the overseer isn't all that helpful in that respect.
    Breanna and Melkior like this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

I've thought a cleaner implementation would just to be to make each season it's own tab. Each tab would retain it's quests when you move to the next season. The limit on past seasons would just be that you can only have 10 active quests in the tab (running and on cooldown combine). It seems that would be much cleaner. You wouldn't have to buy 0c items or keep track of which ones you prefer to run.

One other nice addition to the window might be a 'Hide Quest' option to reduce clutter.

Edit: oops. I meant this reply to go to a different thread. Sorry about that!
    Breanna likes this.