Overseer Velious Prelude Pack

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Des hen, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Des hen Member

Could someone tell me what this is exactly. I've recently returned back to the game (PvP server) and do not know what this is or if it even useful.

Thank you
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Paragonvii Active Member

To be honest, my son bought this last night, and he REALLY enjoys it. It comes with a T Rex mount that is pretty amazing looking, has some pretty good stats (i wanna say 1.7 m health bump? < dont quote me on this please) and yes as it says it FLYS lol. It also came (i think!!) two teleporters, one for zones and one for dungeons (again dont quote me HAHA). I asked him if it came with an 85 level bump, he said nope but I play on antonia bayle its not a locked server so that may be why. Also, he may not have even payed any attention hahaa. UM I think it also comes with some bags and stuff but he didnt say anything about that either.

Overall, I am not sure if my post even helped. BUT he did get it, and he said it was a super value and just flew around on his new mount for hours on hours.

=)

***Edited~ if you play on a pvp server, I do not know if "flying" is unlocked on your server yet. I just play on ant bayle and mind my own ps and qs i dont know.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Des hen Member

Thanks for the response, Paragonvii. However, I mainly just not sure about what the Overseer Velious Prelude Pack does...the website mentions quests and such. I just wanted more details.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

From the sales page - The Overseer Velious Prelude Pack offers 3 new repeatable Overseer Velious Adventures that everyone can use on Live, Kaladim, and Tarinax servers. These offer exclusive rewards themselves and they do *not* use up one of your repeatable Adventure slots for the day.

pretty much it's a series of quests for the overseer, one at a time every 30 minutes. I've received a few agents (none celestial (so far?))
    Twyla and WhysperWynde like this.
  5. Panthur Member

I've noticed there are no overseer agent timeouts when completing that quest series.
    It's great! However the loot boxes don't match up with the actual loot received at all. Hope that get's fixed :)
    WhysperWynde and Hartsmith like this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Well according to...

The pack, boots, and mount are useful to all players. The forge is only useful to crafters like me. The paintings are great for decorators.

It looks like there is only one teleporter, but the function/destination changes depending on whether you are on the time locked server or elsewhere.

Is all this worth the money? That is totally up to you, but I'm going to try to get one each for both of my sub'd accounts, LOL.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

My main interest in this is the Forge because it can do ALL manner of crafting on the one same forge. I want to put it into my Felwithe Mansion for hubby and my Fay Characters. BUT am experiencing right now that EQ2 will not take my new debit card although I have used it successfully at other sites. I think the problem was that I used EQ2 membership attempt to try to activate the card because sometimes you can do it that way; but for this card I had to activate it at my bank site. So it didn't work of course, but I don't know now how to udo the same card and try again now that it is activated. I may have to go to Help Support to get that straightened out. So I am at present not even in full membership like I usually am because my old card got rejected for membership this month before I could change the info to new card. Oh well, I'll get it straightened out and do really want the Forge. And thank you so much Hartsmith for listing all of the great attributes of this Destiny of Velious Crate!

I think I'll get a lot of use out of also besides the forge, the 2 teleporters, the FrostShadow Tyranodon = is there only ONE or hopefully one per character? The Backpack and the Boots of Adventure sound nice too. And the new quests of course ~ we always like new quests!
    Mellody and Hartsmith like this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

You are quite welcome, LOL.

Although I have not purchased this bundle, yet, I imagine it is just like the 15 Year Celebration Bundle which I got for each of my sub'd accounts. In that one there was only one teleporter and only one mount per account. One per account of everything, actually, except where explicitly indicates more (2 vials, 5 paintings).

Regarding the teleporter (if I'm correct and you only get one per account), I suspect the confusion is where it differentiates where it takes you to on Kaladim (limited by expansion lock) versus on current content servers. [mind you I only play on Skyfire server, so cannot comment on if there's an extra portal for locked servers]
  9. Cataclysm Active Member

You've always been able to have this behaviour by putting scaled down versions of the crafting tables right next to each other and then cover with any furnishings you want.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Flip the tables upside down and sink them into the floor in a tight grouping, then put some non-crafting table on top. You don't have to target the tables to use them, just be near them. Use N to open your recipe list. One of my characters is a tailor, the "visible work station" is a spinning wheel, for instance.
    Twyla and Hartsmith like this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I've bought at least 8 of the packs, so far, and find them very useful. I like having the forge in the center of my crafting room for general crafting use but I also have individual work stations for when I don't want to go through hundreds of recipes looking for tinkering recipes or carpenter recipes.

I don't use the boots or mount, though I'm sure there are players who will find them very useful. I use the portal a lot even though I have fast travel as it is faster to use the portal, if it is available, plus it has locations not available with fast travel.

The backpack is really nice as are the vials, merchant crate, and paintings, The only thing of questionable value is the Overseer quests. They are repeatable but one takes 7 days to complete which ties up agents that might be useful for other quests. I think they only give treasured rewards but I might be wrong on that score as DP's RNG doesn't usually like me.

Overall, I think the packs are well worth the money if you have it to spend. While you can get along without the things it offers, they are nice to have if you are fairly serious about playing EQ2.
  12. KauaiJim Active Member

I also find the merchant crates useful. They're huge and make pricing your items for sale easier since no broker sales fees.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Ndiar Active Member

Run the 7 day quest on a different toon on that account even if you have to use junk leftover Overseers without bonuses. At least you will get it cleared to get the short one back.

I also run the charged quests off an alt to keep my overseers free for the good stuff.

You can actually use multiple alts, it show which toon is linked to the quest so you can log it back in to finish it.
    Twyla, Hartsmith and Sigrdrifa like this.