Overseer quest

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ginrummy, May 27, 2021.

1. Ginrummy Member

As an overseer Im at level 4, have 4 agents and 3 quest.
    How can I obtain more quest?
    I´ve read and search so many forums and threads about this, but many are maybe just to old and maybe outdated.

I´ve found a merchant underneath the Quenos harbor. But she didn´t sell any overseer quest anymore apparantly, and the currency was some kind of token I´ve never heard of.

Is the overseer quest only from quest rewards from the overseer itself or can I excpect some drops from mobs out in the world too? Hopefully in the "lower and middle-content"? Is there a merchant anywhere who sells quest and how to get that currency in that case?

And what season is it? The 3rd?

I´ve found this about all the overseer quest, but no info about how to obtain them:
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/All_Overseer_Quests
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

you run overseers to get new overseer quests and agents
    you can get overseer quests and agents from running missions in BoL and RoS but they arent common

get to level 21 and start season 3
    Ginrummy likes this.
  3. Ginrummy Member

Thnx Bludd! I can actually go over level 20 in overseer? I will head over to Luclin and Shadows as soon I reach lvl 110 and 120. But Im a returning player from the dark ages when the level cap was 95. :) But probably be there soon.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

You can find merchants that sell charged versions of quests below your current tier, maximum of ten different charged quests, which do not count towards your daily total. (If you are really ambitious and can get away with playing all day, you might run them through nearly 20 times in one day?) I do not know if those add to your Overseer xp, but there are plenty of other rewards that you might find useful.

In Qeynos Province District, go across the water from the dock where you zone in from a world map. The merchant is standing on top of the scaffolding.
    In Freeport, also on one of the piers on the waterfront, but this time he's standing near the water next to the building where you can find the Collector and Loyalty merchants.
    Ginrummy likes this.
  5. Ginrummy Member

Thnx Harsmith. I´ve been visiting that merchant at Qeynos harbor, but I propably need a higher level because he has nothing to offer at all.
    Atm Im lvl 6. It takes many days to get to lvl 20 or even 10 just with a few agents and a few quest. I manage to fill my quota of quest every day the last week anyway. But its alright. I will visit the merchant again. Maybe at lvl 6 he is opening up a little. :)
  6. Trajan New Member

That will change. You"re still in Season One - you cannot buy any charged quests yet.

Overseer Quest are color coded: light green - purple - yellow - blue.

light green - Celestial
    purple - Fabled
    yellow - Legendary
    blue - Treasured, Common

Doing blue Quests is not very helpful. Do the higher ranked Quests as soon as you get them.

There should have been one yellow quest in your level 5 reward box. Do that one over and over again until you advance.

Fabled Quests have a 10 hour Runtime and 20 hours Cooldown.

It's extremely helpful to have the proper agents. I think Gretacia is best because she has a Fabled Season One Quest - Retrieval for the Crown - and a Fabled Season 2 Quest as well.

Get a Celestial Mercenary and unlock it for 150 DBC, get a Celestial Familiar, and with the proper Agents, your chances for a Fabled Quest are +70% / -22%.

Every year, a Celestial Familiar is included for every character in the Premium Edition. This year, there's a Celestial Merc as well, but you have to hire her inside a zone which requires level 120 for entry.

Keep in mind there"s one Level 120 Bauble for only one character included with the purchase of the current expansion.

Collector"s Edition Premium includes a level 110 Tradeskill Bauble as well - which you can purchase for 3500 DBC at any time.

Doing the Tradeskill line from 110 to 120 is a lot of fun - especially if you watch Niami's videos at https://eq2.eqtraders.com

Keep in mind that the entire Overseer system is a scheme to get you addicted - just like the Loyalty Token.

You earn a Loyalty Token every day for doing simple tasks like killing 25 mobs, crafting 8 items or discovering 3 new areas.

The idea is: You're supposed to log in every day!

Your Loyalty Token and your contingent of 10 Overseer Quests expire at midnight PST.

Now I have a qusstion for the experts:

In Season 3, a lot of the rewards consist of "Fabled" Items for a Temporary Adornment Slot.

Are these items any useful? Currently, I just delete them. Is that okay?
    Ginrummy likes this.
  7. Bellamorte Active Member

8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

That is one huge disadvantage of FTP; only 3 overseer quests daily. If you can, it might help you to sub for a month so that you can get to level 10 (or 11?) so that the Season 1 charged quests become available to you. Even FTP get to do 10 charged quests at a time. If you have the time, do as many as you can each day since possible rewards include the Agents that have multiple positive traits.

Trajan pointed out that you are in Season 1, which is levels 1-10, and Season 2 is 11-20, and presumably each season thereafter will follow the same level pattern (but then again, tradeskills gets confusing at higher levels so...).

As Trajan suggests, regarding your current season quests, doing only the highest category (celestial, fabled, etc.) should help you if you filled them with all positive traits and no negative traits. That improves your likelihood of bonus rewards, but as far as I know, the rewards for each category are the same. So when you do get to buy charged quests, choose the categories that best fit your game time. If you can check back every hour or two, do the Treasured ones for maximum quantity daily, or do the highest category if your time is limited so that you can benefit from bonus chances.

You are not wrong. It is even worse if you have the tradeskill apprentices that can reward very useful potions and crafting material. This gets mind numbing for the alt'aholics with OCD. I find I have to force myself to not go through EVERY character trying to sort the rewards from the Overseer Quests to give to characters who are no where near ready to wear any of the gear, LOL.

Of course it is okay. Feel free to delete anything you want. It is your game to play your way, LOL.

Kidding aside, I have no real clue as to how useful these are. So I too have questions for the experts.

The only thing I noticed about the Temp Adorns is that if the character that sent the Agents out to do the Season 3 quests is a low level, say level 19 or 49 as an example, then the level that those Adorns will be level 10 or 40 respectively, and the level 10 might provide 0.8 accuracy or 0.1 crit per slot, so not as useful (and I'm not sure if there is any equipment at that level that can even use them). So, should I pay closer attention to what level my character is when I send out Agents on Season 3 quests?

Trajan also mentioned using certain mercs to assist in the Overseer Quests. I know that it is limited to mercs that were released with or after the Overseer feature was released. however, I have not had the chance to get/use any of those mercs even though I did finally get a couple characters access to Sanctus Seru and the Blinding. I've gotten a few tokens for Grolla Skullwielder and Melban Pindleclasp. My question is whether or not I can use Call of the Veteran on even a level 10 character (now that one character can access that area) or can only characters above level 100 hire those mercs to use to benefit the Overseer Quests?
    Donkey Xote and Ginrummy like this.
  9. Trajan New Member

Zel'Kriaz is available on the broker. When prices were cheap, I bought several token at once.

I went to the Guild Hall with a 120 Adventurer and Tradeskiller and visited the Guild Strategist. Then I planted the rally flag at the location where Zel'Kriaz can be hired. That worked for me. Several low level toons who are certainly not eligible to visit the Blinding by themselves were sent there from the Guild Hall to the rally point - entirely without catching aggro.

I think any Merc can be used to improve your bonus chance for Overseer quests. However, he or she needs to be unlocked for 150 (or 135) DBC. Returning Players can probably claim free Fabled Mercs from their 9-year Veteran reward. Any account created between 2004 and 2012 should have that, just like the free Flying Disc. These rewards are one per character. The Isle of Refuge Prestige House is not merely once per account, but it is No-Trade as well.

I also think Fabled or even Celestial Agents do not drop from blue Overseer Quests. Especially the Seasaon One Celestial Agents are extremely rare. I'm still missing one, and I have only two Alexandrinas, but dozens of Ugars and Thomasinas from Season Two.

Now what about these Fabled Items for Temporary Adornment Slots. Are they any useful? Does anybody actually use them in combat? How big is the effect?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

My overseer is level 15.
    I got a quest that dropped from one of the missions at around level 12 called " Save Gribby the Gallant " .
    When I try to add it to my journal it tells me the level of my Overseer is not high enough.
    What level is that quest ? , so I know when I can claim it .
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  11. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

That's got to be frustrating not being able to activate it, and it is a Legendary quest, so might be worth hanging onto. It is a Season 3 quest, which you won't get to activate until your Overseer level reaches 21.

Here is the Wiki link to a page that sorts all of the current OQs by Season and then by Category. Very useful if you want to buy specific categories of the charged quests.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/All_Overseer_Quests
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks I would have held on to it anyway , I only wanted to get an idea when I can use it and not checking every time I level up .
    Thanks for giving me all the information , I should have known wiki has information on this too .
    I think it's funny that I got the mission so early .
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.