Overseer Quest "Captured in Bramble Woods" Not Added

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by redwoodtreesprite, Feb 23, 2020.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I only show 6 Overseer quests available. I received the Bramble Woods quest and used the item. And it did not add the quest even though the quest "token" was removed from my inventory.

This was on my subbed acct. Most frustrating. I have gotten many duplicate quest tokens as well, and now this one that didn't add. Rewards are pretty weak for these quests too. These quests look to be something that is meant to encourage logging each day to do. As broken as they seem to be, I question what the point of them really is...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It adds but doesn't show in the list except if you didn't have it before attempting to scribe it
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I didn't have it before.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Grrr. Same account, only 6 quests showing. Got "Keeper for the Keep" quest token. Used the token. Quest was NOT added to the list! Maybe I should just not use these for now?
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You probably already have the quest in your known list (even if it's not on your "showing for today" list). Keeper of the Keep is one of the treasured quests that drop all the time, so you'll see it in your list eventually when you cycle to it, but it won't be added in the "showing for today" list if you already had it prior to that day.
    Check every day if you have Keeper of the Keep and Captured in Bramblewood showing. You'll see that they'll make their way to your list one of these days.

Basic example with numbers instead of names.
    You know 8 quests: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
    Day one, 6 quests get picked randomly:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. You know 7 & 8 but they don't show

Day 2, 6 quests get picked randomly:
    1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8. You know 2 & 5 but they don't show.
    You drop quest 9 and scribe it. 9 will show because you didn't have that quest before writing it. You now see 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
    You drop quest 2 and scribe it. 2 will NOT show because you had that quest before writing it.

And as there are a lot of quests, it's very easy to forget which one you did have because they might not have shown for several days (and honestly, who remembers the name of treasured quests that don't yield anything of interest anyway?).
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Patch brings the Test version of overseers to live, so you'll now only get quests you don't have and will have access to the whole list of those you have every day. Let us know if you find your 2 "missing" quests in the list on log in today!