Cannot Reproduce Overseer not leveling up!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by SauronVonkern, Jun 14, 2022.

1. SauronVonkern New Member

I have been doing overseers daily and once my overseer hit lvl 24 it stopping gaining xp.. old quests/new quests they never gain xp no matter what quests I do.. not sure why they stopped gaining any xp!
  2. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Charged and Heritage Hunt quests don't give XP (they have numbers in the column between the name and the timer). The only ones that give XP are the ones without numbers in the center column.

Quest Name - Charges Available (0-10) - Timer - Reward <-- If it is organized in this order, no XP
    Quest Name - Timer - Reward <-- If it is organized this way, you will get XP

You will also notice there is a number on the Quests tab next to the filter drop down in a circle. Only the ones that reduce your daily quest availability (from 10 - 0) on that tab count toward XP gain. You can only complete up to 10 of the regular quests that earn XP each day.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. SauronVonkern New Member

Twyla likes this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

What are some of the quests you have been doing that are not granting you XP? Might help us to try to see what is going on.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. SauronVonkern New Member

some of the ones I am doing are..
    The Blood Ember Breastplate
    The Boots of Terror
    Eliminate Vilucidae the Priest of Thule
    Eliminate Pantrilla
    Retrieve the Silver Sword of Rage etc....
    The Purple and Green overseer quests are the ones I have been doing and getting no xp from unless theres some green or purple overseer from VoV I havnt picked up somewhere
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Are those charged quests? If so, I don't think those give XP.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. SauronVonkern New Member

Nope there not charged but since I'm lvl 24 shouldnt they satill give xp even tho there not newest ones?
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

They are Season 3 task you are doing and to any lvl 30 achievement player they are all charged, ie no experience. Are the tasks you are doing the only ones available to you?\

Check merchant list against https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/All_Overseer_Quests
    Twyla likes this.
  9. SauronVonkern New Member

My Overseer isnt lvl 30 and only other one I have acess to us Blue Vision of Vetrovia- Karuppa Jungle then changes to Vision of Vetrovia- Mag. wastes then to Vision on Vetrovia -Forlorn Gist then it resets back to Jungle
  10. KauaiJim Active Member

So when they introduced the new season, the last season quests become charged quests which do not count toward overseer xp.

You need to do the current season quests to get oversser xp. The charged quests are still good to do also as they will still drop goodies including overseers and quests that you don't have yet (you can do I think 10 of these a day in addition to your regular 10 that count against you daily total. In other words, do 10 charged quests PLUS do the 10 current season quests allowed daily). Those current season ones are what give you xp.

You should be getting an occasional new quest (current season) as a reward. Obviously the blue (treasured) drop most so do those until you get higher tier and eventually focus on pink/green (fabled/celestial) when you have enough of them.

I'm still kind of new to the overseer thing myself (only been doing it for the past year) so hopefully I am giving you good info.
    Hope this helps. :)
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This is only the case once he hits level 30. He's still level 24; his Overseer level is set to the previous season. Or it SHOULD be; that's the only way he can get the exp to get up to level 30, to be able to get the current season's Overseer quests.

Catch 22: He can't get the levels because he doesn't have the quests; but he can't get the quests, because he's not high enough level. Bit ironic, don't you think?
    Twyla and KauaiJim like this.
  12. KauaiJim Active Member

Thanks for explaining that. Didn’t realize that’s what was happening. Sorry OP I have no idea how to solve that. Hope you get it straightened out.
    Juraiya and Twyla like this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

14. Ratalthor Developer

Hi SauronVonkern, can you please PM me your character name and server info?
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. We were able to complete all of the missions mentioned in this thread and they gave XP. Are there any additional steps we should consider to replicate the issue?
    Twyla likes this.