Fixed Internally Overseer Charged Quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Soraia, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Great info. I'll like the main post just because all of this seems to be a bit buggy (how buggy seems to depend on things no one would know ahead of time unless someone else told them!)
    Jaeded and Breanna like this.
  2. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Thank you ramblinrod for a decent write up of how things are currently working for the charged missions. I would like to add that some people have noted that 8 charged quests (not counting the weekly) is the limit. Just something to keep in mind.
  3. ramblinrod Member

You're welcome, and thanks as well -- I was worried that my mini wall-of-text would be impenetrable.

I'd meant to add to that write-up that yes, the Season 1 charged quests have the same cooldowns they did before hitting the Season 2/Level 11 switchover, and then the last charge of a quest is used up, even though the quest disappears from the overseer quest list, if you add a charge so it reappears, it will still show any cooldown that still applies.

I think it's possible that at least some of the people who say they're limited to 8 or less charged quests might have run one+, that after completing it, disappeared from the list, but is still taking up a "slot." The way to eliminate that as a possibility would be to buy one of each quest (that you're not sure you didn't run,) not currently in the overseer window, and see if it can be added.

However, it's more likely there's just a bug that bites some and not others, since some have claimed to have only been able to add one charged quest, or not even that. I haven't had any inconsistencies among several accounts, though. I've been careful not to let any quest have more than 8 current charges, for one thing.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Why isn't anything tested before going live?
  5. ramblinrod Member

Maybe they're only doing that with stuff that doesn't directly affect traditional gameplay, and think the wider release to the full player base of such things will find bugs quicker so they can fix them sooner?

OK, that last part is a sheer wishful thinking, but given what I've experienced of the new system, I for one am glad they released it sooner. This is despite it having been a huge distraction, preventing me from utilizing the server XP bonus anywhere near as much as I would have.

Also, not having participated on Test myself, it's possible the release of new code without being on Test first is much more widespread than I know, shooting my theory all to heck.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  6. TheCat New Member

Both of my accounts have this issue now :(
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My account and my husband's account are bugged out too. In different ways, but definitely bugged.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

Tossing my hat in this ring. Not just the "invisible quest issue" but also that the cooldown on charged quests counts as an active quest because once you pick your 9 quests you're basically stuck with them.

The coding on this feature is about as bad as I've seen, whoever designed it HAD to know it didn't work but decided to just try to make it pretty in order to make a deadline.
    Lateana likes this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

They did release the previous overseer changes (access to the whole list of quests everyday) on Test first. Never answered any of our feedbacks about it, though.
    I would really have loved to see that hit Test first so we could actually check it and catch the numerous bugs, instead of releasing it for us one day after live...

Anyway, thanks to all the comments here, being behind on those allowed me to check here first and not be bugged (so far). I only bought the charged purple and 2 yellow quests and it works so far.
    I had no problems completing all my season 1 quests when I hit level 11. I did wait for all of them to be completed before "completing" them, so I hit the buttons on all before I logged, and I had none still running their course.

List of fabled quests is: Eliminate Venekor, Retrieval for the crown, Save the vision of Vox, the Kra'thuk's magical properties and the world of Thule
    Tyger and Lateana like this.
  10. Thainze New Member

I can purchase charged quests, but despite it being 2 days since I did a charged quest it gives me a message that I have the maximum number of charged quests. When I filter by charged quests, only the weekly and the 1 second quest that I have done twice shows up.
    Lateana likes this.
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

As best as I can tell, here is what is happening with my 2 accounts.

Both accounts are "locked" into 8 different charged season 1 quests for which I can "buy" and scribe up to 10 charges. Once the account reached 8 unique season 1 charged quests, I began getting a message that I could not scribe additional charged quests as I had reached the limit of charged quests. Both accounts are running a weekly charged quest as well.

The first account to reach level 11 unlocked season 2 late in the day. Most of the season 1 quests for the day had been run. Some, including the charged example for level 10, were still running or on cool down. Since there were no indications that we would be limited on the number of charged quests we could "own", I decided to buy one of each to have have a list to choose from. After scribing a few quests, I began getting the you have reached the limit of charged quests message. I decided to run the quests I could and be more discriminating in what I scribed when these charges ran out. However, even after the treasured 1 hour quests had been run and were done with cool down, I could not replace them with different quests. Apparently the account is locked into the first 8 charged quests that I "chose", with some of the choices being dictated by what was running or on cool down at the time the account reached level 11. I can buy up to 10 charges of these 8 quests repeatedly. Sadly, some of the quests are not ones I would have chosen as they are 1 hour treasured "charged" quests. I can run these 8 quests repeatedly each day limited only by quest time and cool down. Unfortunately, of my lovely collection of season 1 quests, these 8 are the ONLY ones I can choose right now.

The other account reached level 11 early the next day and had most of the 10 quests for that day still running or on cool down, including the 10 hour quest that I chose for my charged example at level 10. These quests filled most of my 8 quest limit so even though I planned to make discriminating choices when I went to "buy" charged quests, I found I reached the limit after a few choices.

Hopefully this is a bug. I waited a few days and tried to figure out as much as I could before I posted.
    As best as I can tell, we are currently locked into the first 8 charged season 1 quest our account gets after reaching level 11, including any quests that were running (and on cool down?) when the account reached level 11.
    One can have up to 10 charges of these 8 quests at a time and can run them limited only by the quest time including cool down.

If the 8 charged season 1 quest limit is intentional, it wasn't clear in the tutorials. If it had been, I think most of us would have been more cautious in which and how many quests were running when we reached level 11 and auto-converted to charged quests. I know we would have been more discriminating "purchasing" and scribing scrolls from the vendor.

Hopefully this is a bug and will be corrected soon.
    Melkior, Whilhelmina, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  12. Observing Active Member

I also used the level 10 overseer achievement charged quest. I think that may count against my charged quest limit, but I can't get more of that quest since I didn't "earn" it
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I think we are in the world of live beta testing!
  14. Asterix Developer

We have identified the issue with the charged quests and once it is applied in the next patch it will fix everyone affected. You will also be able to see the charged quests on cooldown to be better aware of how many you actually have.
  15. Observing Active Member

Can we get clarification on how the charged quests are supposed to work?
    Will this fix move the weekly quest to a separate "pool" of charged quests?
  16. Jaeded Well-Known Member

/agree, some clarification is definitely needed.
    ramblinrod and Avithax like this.
  17. ramblinrod Member

• In particular, will we be able to select different charged quests to replace previously selected charged quests?
      • How will that happen?
        • Will we need to wait until all charges are used, and the cooldown ended (and then the quest disappears and relinquishes it's slot?)
        • Better yet would be a way to remove charges to get to that point quicker.
    • Will there still be a limit of (10?) charged quests? Is the weekly included in that count?
    Avithax likes this.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

Are the overseer quests meant to be the only way to get new quests/agents?
    They are not listed on any older quests - even on diaku zones zone quests they are not listed , instead old wrong ones.

Ive seen agents drop in chests , but they are also the old ones
    ramblinrod and Avithax like this.
  19. Avithax Well-Known Member

So we have to have 2 weeks of total confusion on how these charged quests work? Considering we had 20+ legendary or higher quests to run regularly this limit of (9) is a serious downgrade in exchange for some blues that fill our bags with unwanted items. Can we just lock at level 10 and keep what we've earned??
  20. ramblinrod Member

I would like to thank you for posting here, Asterix, Especially on a Sunday. It's good to know you're working on it.
    Katzandra likes this.