Not A Bug Overseer Agent Trait Icons Usabillity

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

You went through a lot of work looking through all 4,000 icons to pick those. Those seem quite good. Hopefully they change to your choices.
    Tkia, Xianthia, Zynt and 4 others like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Guess it is a good thing after all this time that I still only have 2 overseers and 3 missions!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Would you accept my cute ratonga bruiser in your two-monks test guild?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

lol I've got a monk I could toss in ;)
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I gotta think about it and confer with the council but yes.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

If you were watching the last update you noticed that icon_ss13 got replaced, and a lot of the new overseer icons seem to be coming from that page. Interestingly, the new icon_ss13 is a copy of another sheet of mapping icons (icon_map1). Either a) the sheet is only a placeholder and the artist has not finished replacing the mapping icons with appropriate overseer icons, or b) we're stuck with what we see now unless enough players complain.

Sigrdrifa, if you can match the icon slots in icon_ss13 with the correct traits in your chart, I can easily make a DDS sheet with the changes you propose. As long as the overseer window is indeed pulling from icon_ss13, players who already use a custom UI and/or EQ2MAP can just drop it in and it will work.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

As EQ2U now uses its own internal icons exported from the game, it does not bode well that existing icons are being altered. I have no way of keeping up with such changes.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Marae and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You mean like so?
    [IMG]

What app are you using to edit DDS files, out of curiosity. I mostly use Fireworks and Visio/Inkscape/Illustrator, and so far as I can determine, there's not a plug-in for DDS that works with Fireworks. I have a DDS viewer app, so I could just page through the icon folder using that, but it's read only.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yeah, I use a bunch of custom UI pieces, and on my warlock's group and raid windows, instead of the icon for Mana Trickle, I have that bag icon from icon_ss13 on an orange background, so they've been dinking around with more icons elsewhere too.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

As info, I use the nVidia DDS import/export for Photoshop.
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

ugh that second lot of icons are horrible Sigrdifa
  12. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Same.

icon_ss13.zip (tinyupload.com)

Here is a link to the modified icon_ss13. I didn't see anything for the Wise trait and didn't want to take a stab at it, so I left it alone. For anyone who is not familiar, you need to be using a custom UI to use the file. There should be an \images\icons\ folder inside that. Unzip and drop icon_ss13.dds into it. So two things to figure out here: 1) are the overseer icons coming from this icon sheet, and 2) do they render legibly in the overseer window.

Feldon, you are welcome to host the file on your servers, which we all trust more than public file sharing sites. I can delete the tinyupload if you do.

Also: icon_ss13 was originally a duplicate of icon_ss14 but had mipmaps included for some reason. I don't think the game references it, and I'm pretty sure that's why it got replaced. So you probably don't need to do anything unless you're going to create some kind of overseer feature.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2U uses all the "is" files which are item/equipment icons.

If I remember right, "as" files are AAs and "ss" are Spells. When I redo AAs/Prestige, I'll re-run the "as" export. I don't know that we use "ss" icons anywhere.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Does this work? Are the Overseer icons coming from icon_ss13?
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some of the icons are coming from that file but not all.
  16. Caith Developer

While we have marked this thread as not a bug, there are changes to the overseer system forthcoming for the next Game Update that will make sorting by traits simpler and more straight forward.
    Rosyposy, Adene, Whilhelmina and 4 others like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Caith, for those of us with aging eyes, PLEASE ask them to use bigger icons! Pretty please?
    Rosyposy, Adene, Whilhelmina and 2 others like this.