Overseer - A Few Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Treson, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Treson Member

After 20 /bug reports for empty chests and multiple /petitions regarding inconsistencies, one of the GM's suggested that I post here in the hope that one of the Devs spots it and maybe does something about it.

I, like many others have been having massive issues with the Overseer feature so I've listed my observations and some suggestions below:

Agent Levels

This is how agents are currently set up.

• Treasured (Blue) - 0 Traits - Short Cool-down
    • Legendary (Yellow) - 1 Trait - Medium Cool-down
    • Fabled (Purple) - 2 Traits - Long Cool-down
    • Celestial (Green) - 2 Traits - Longest Cool-down
    There is no benefit to using Celestial agents other than getting a much longer Cool-down (which conveniently costs more DBC to clear). They're rare so why isn't there a benefit to getting them such as increased Bonus rate or extra Traits. My suggestion is to give agents a "Trait Bonus" for each Trait or Mishap they qualify for as below:
    • Treasured (Blue) - 0 Traits - Short Cool-down - Trait Bonus 0%
    • Legendary (Yellow) - 1 Trait - Medium Cool-down - Trait Bonus 10%
    • Fabled (Purple) - 2 Traits - Long Cool-down - Trait Bonus 15%
    • Celestial (Green) - 3 Traits - Longest Cool-down - Trait Bonus 20%
    Overseer Quest Journal
    Because there is no tutorial and no written instructions on how the overseer quest allocation system works, it took a long time for people to realize that not all of their quests were available. Many of us thought that quests had disappeared because our 5 & 10 hour missions vanished from the list of available quests. After much trouble we were told the following:
    This is pretty bad since most people who added quests in good faith rarely see their higher duration quests (I have a 10 hour one I've seen 3 times in about 2 weeks) and even worse, people who had bad luck with getting new quests early on are deleting the 1-3 hour quests so they always see their 5-10 hour quests and can do them every day.
    The solution? Give us an option to view all of the available quests and pick for ourselves or reset everyone's overseer quests and put them back in inventory so we can add the ones we want instead.

Overseer Quest Rewards
    Overseer quest rewards are broken and there are multiple issues that need to be addressed. I might update this but I think someone else posted something similar about the reward problems.

Empty Reward Chests: We don't care why, we just that we don't wait 5 hours and get NOTHING.

Invalid Rewards: Mythic chests with a choice of 2 Fabled items in it as reward options! Oops I got an Infuser / Fragment / Chaos Essence etc. If its not on the list IT SHOULD NOT DROP!

Outdated Rewards: x Fragment of Planar Energy / Chaos Essence. Not used this expansion and should only drop IN ADDITION to another reward.

Currency: Someone I was speaking to suggested that a currency be added to these rewards in addition to the rewards so that if RNG fails someone often enough then they can purchase items from a status merchant. Don't go mad with status costs, you got it wrong last expansion with people scraping to earn enough to buy even their armour upgrades.
    Korochun, Morrigu, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

yea pretty much the run-down of all serious problems with Overseer feature.
    Rhodris and Zynt like this.
  3. Morrigu New Member

I fully agree with above, 10h quests are almost not visible to me.
    Available quests still sometimes change during the day after zoning, yesterday I got 10h quest available when I had 2 uses left...
    Loot chests are full of garbage, I think it's just copy paste of the lower chests + 1-2 better items, where chance to get them is worse and worse with each better chest you got...
    Argosunited and Korochun like this.
  4. Treson Member

I had a Fabled chest from 10h mission which had 22 jewelery items with 160-165 resolve as available loot. It came back with a bonus Mythical chest with a single 165 resolve ring as the only loot available from that chest and when I opened them I got an infuser and a mission. Absolute waste of time when all I really look forward to is Mount/Merc/Familiar XP or training reducers.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

5 and 10 hour missions? Where are these coming from? Longest ive seen is like 3.5 hr and i do overseers every day.

****I believe a mishap mission i got was 5 actually
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've only gotten 1 10 hour so far. I think the mishap missions are actually 6 hour, but I don't think you get the better chest for those. I could be wrong, but I think when I finish those it's just the normal stuff.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Tangris Well-Known Member

A few of the missions you can get through activities can give you 5-10 hr missions, I have 2 10, 2 5 and a few under five 1-3.5 hrs, and all my mishap ones are 5-6 hours and the awards are shite.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

New Overseeer Missions drop as possible rewards in a number of loot chests from various activities, including Overseer Reward Crates and Empyral Mission Reward Crates.So, total RNG on what new Missions you might get.

As we've been able to identify which missions reward what crates, we've been categorizing them in the wiki's Overseer Feature page. This includes a list of the known missions and how long they last.

Note that length alone does NOT indicate the quality of the reward. Mishap Missions take a lot of time, but they give only a Treasured crate as a reward.
    Breanna and Tangris like this.
  9. Treson Member

Overseer Mission duration does have a baring on the quality of the reward. They're broken into the brackets shown below (will edit when I get them to confirm quality:

1 - 2.5 Hours - Treasured Reward Chest (Blue)
    3 - 5 Hours - Legendary Reward Chest (Yellow)
    10 Hours - Fabled Reward Chest (Red)

Mishap missions are not in the same scale and offer Treasured Reward Chests plus bonus chance and your unlucky agent back sooner.

I've added a new section to the OP which might be of interest to the Devs.
  10. Treson Member

Oops no option to edit OP.

This only makes sense if the game designers actually realise that there is a lot of hate for the overseer system and sort out the loot system ASAP. The bare minimum reward should be an infuser from the tier of box you get and all of these 1-2 expansion old Fragments of Planar Energy and Chaos Essences need to go or need to be part of a loot package along with an infuser or something. Collection items need to come from all parts of the expansion not just solo and really should incluse the NO-TRADE shinies too.

Everquest II a Mobile Overseer Adventure!

1. Why haven't we got mobile access to the overseer system? As the Overseer system is so heavily laden with DBC cooldown buttons, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to allow people to use all their 10 Non-Paid missions AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

2. Once the loot had been sorted out and people actually want to use Overseer, GET THE MISSION PACKS ADDED TO MARKETPLACE!

3. Maybe add something else to flesh out a mobile app such as EQ2 lore library or short stories or resurrect Legends of Norrath which would work amazingly on a smartphone.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

It's an interesting concept, but I'm going to give it a hard pass. There are enough other bugs / issues with the expac (and from before then) to work through, that I think adding hooks to allow a mobile API to interface with any part of the existing code base is probably a very bad idea.

The pink glowing Dragoon cubes might look like well-finished content compared to the "features" this would introduce. :p
  12. Treson Member

But Wulf, they could slyly shift some of the server load to our cellphone processors. ;)
    ConcealFate likes this.
  13. Treson Member

My apologies for the above statement. Many people are claiming to be experiencing a whole load of lag or even worse lags (plural).
  14. Easily Lost New Member

I just had a mission with 0% chance mishap give me a mishap.
    I get all these planar transmute/adornment things. I, nor any of mu alts, have the money nor inclination to spend on transmuting and a making adornments. Be nice if we could sell these for a bit of coin.

I think more work needs to be down on the overseer mission system. Given all the above feedback from other posters.