Overseer - A Few More Suggestions!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Treson, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Treson Member

So there seems to have been a few improvements over the last few weeks. We can now choose which missions we want to do from our full list and the empty chests seem a lot less frequent but there is still a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense.

1. Why are we still receiving collectibles, Essence of Chaos, Fragments and pretty much everything from the Treasured Rewards Crate when we open Fabled and Mythical reward crates? I thought the whole point of running those missions and triggering stupidly long lockouts was to guarantee a reward that actually mattered?

2. Why are Celestial Agents still all gimpy? Other than the attributes they bring absolutely nothing worthwhile to the system. They should have 3 Attributes, maybe one of the attributes that are on missions that we cant actually get yet like "Compassionate" or "Righteous"?

3. We still cant buy additional mission charges, why? You're missing out on revenue!

I'd really like it if a DEV could answer these questions but I know all this will get is a bunch of either people agreeing, adding their own comments or even slamming this post as pointless.

Yours
    Me
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I would rather they remove the Overseer garbage altogether and build real quest.

Your post is not pointless, if you don't speak your mind how will they ever know if we are happy or not?
    Adene, Argosunited, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

>I thought the whole point of running those missions and triggering stupidly long lockouts was to guarantee a reward that actually mattered?<

In this you are entirely incorrect. The whole point is to give a small chance of getting a reward that matters. As with many MMO mechanisms these days Overseer is, as intended, a lottery system. You do not play the lottery because you will get the rewards they advertise. You do not even play it because you are likely to get such. You play it because there is a tiny chance you will get them.

I have never played the lottery - I am too familiar with statistics. I enjoy the overseer system because there is no cost to each "ticket" and the odds on getting a nice reward are a lot higher. It is similar in intent to the LOTRO hobbit gift system where you simply get random rewards every day but more tied in with the lore and involves a bit of thought and effort to use - a far better idea.
    Elkana, Raff, Evguenil62 and 2 others like this.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

1.) What helped me was to change the focus from 10 hour missions to mid range ones (3:330 hours and especially 5:00 hour missions)
    2.) I believe i read somewhere that celestial agents will buff Missions somehow with the upcoming GU.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Essence of Chaos end Fragments are very useful these days.

It is possible to have a big prize everyday. But the catch is that after some time this big prize does not look like a big prize anymore because everyone has got it ten times and developer has no choice but to come up with even bigger prize within two weeks and after two weeks the story repeats again and again.
    Basically lottery should reward player in a smart way like one very big prize per week in my opinion, it should not be based on the number of completed overseers quests per day. It should be rather based on per day or week timeframe.

I am wondering what overseer changes are we going to get in upcoming GU.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

I'd rather they dump the potions (which I throw away) for more good infusers (all of which I can use for my main or alts)
    Elkana likes this.
  7. Treson Member

I agree a little but I think a couple have the wrong idea. There is a tiered reward chest system for a reason and that is to differentiate whether you get an entry level item with 145-150 resolve, a more usable 155-160 resolve item, a recipe or a rare rune craft.

My complaint isn't that these items exist or whether this is a lottery or not, its that the reward pool is not clearly defining what rewards can come from what chests.. The people going on about this being a non-issue don't seem to understand what the actual problem is and I urge them to inspect the mythical and fabled chest next time they get one.

Treasured Chest:
    Uncommon 145 Resolve - Legendary 150 Resolve Jewelery and Armour
    Standard Empyral Infusers
    The Zone Unlock item
    Veilwalker Potions

Legendary Chests:
    Legendary 150 Resolve items
    Nothing else because the reward window doesn't show anything else.

Fabled Chest:
    Legendary 165 Resolve gear
    Nothing Else.

Mythical Chest:
    Fabled 165 Resolve Gear
    Nothing Else.

My problem is that the rewards listed don't line up with the rewards received. There are other reward chests or packages in this game that work properly such as the cobalt/singing steel crates which give you an item from the correct reward pool so why cant we see what the available rewards are supposed to be for each tier and actually receive an item from that list!?

• If this is a display bug then FIX IT!
    • If this is intended to be entirely random then REMOVE THE TIERED REWARD SYSTEM!
    • If each reward tier adds items to the pool which can be drawn from then LIST THE AVAILABLE REWARDS FOR EACH BOX!
    Its not hard to figure out but its frustrating when you receive a collection item from a solo dungeon that you can get with 5 minutes work for the 500th time out of a MYTHICAL reward chest that implies that you will receive at least a FABLED item!

I just don't get why people have a problem with me having a problem with this and why feel they need to tell me why they think they're right. I asked for a DEV to provide an answer if possible but I guess theres just gonna be a bunch of annoying bluster.
    Adene, Jaeded, Argosunited and 3 others like this.
  8. Elkana Active Member

I love you.
  9. Thatdarncat Active Member

As of this morning I have 20 missions rather than 10. Was this in any patch notes? I can't see it anywhere.

I love the Overseer system - it's made me a ton of money so far and I get upgrades from it regularly. It was already taking me good while each a day to set missions with ten, though. I just did 20 and it took me nearly an hour (and I still haven't quite finished). I'm not sure this isn't too much of a good thing.
  10. Adene Member

It's a bonus for this week
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

For the most part I agree with this post EXCEPT for No 3 DONT ADD MONEY GRUBBING TO THIS AS WELL, this is good enough as is (except for rewards at times),, its a lottery kinda game which doesnt need people pouring plat into it just to try and get ahead of us that refuse to play that sorta game
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

That's because it wasn't a patch. It was a bonus in News and announcements. You can read it here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/more-bonuses.594136/
  13. Thatdarncat Active Member

14. Caeri A New Member

Definitely helps to match the overseer traits to the mission. Enjoying the overseers myself