Overclocked tinkered items no long usable per crafting level

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Spleeter, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Spleeter New Member

I'm adventure level 50, crafter level 92, all 3 of these are now red to me with this patch. When I try to use it I get the message "You cannot use this item because your effective level is too low."

Was this an intended change?
  2. Arcturys Member

I did notice that my crafters all lost the buffs, and even though it said they were auto-consuming them, I had to go to each item, right click it and select "turn auto-consume off" and then right click again and select "turn auto-consume on." As soon as I did it reapplied the buff appropriately. All of my crafters are 92 as well, but their adventure levels are lower for most. I haven't gotten the same message that you have. Did you try equipping it, or just what I said that I did?
  3. Spleeter New Member

It doesn't give me the option to auto consume, I guess because they are now red to me. Only to use, destroy, equip or examine. I'm unable to use or equip, same message as above for either. I have logged out, completely from the game several times, as I am also having the zoning issue and having to exit and reload.
  4. Arcturys Member

Hmm strange. Then it seems like it's basing it off adventure level instead of tradeskill level. Probably a problem that cropped up with the changes they made to tinkered items, as those are tinkered.

EDIT: Okay I just checked my 40 warlock who is also a 92 crafter. Sure enough, his overclocked tinkered items are all red, it won't let me equip them, and I can't turn on/off auto-consume. Doesn't help you really, but at least you know it's not just you. ;)
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

When they stripped off the Tinkering skill requirement from these items, it looks like Tradeskill level went with it.
  6. Mysticalmaid Member

It can't be intended because the very classes a lot of these items were made for are now prevented from using them. Take the crafting aids and harvesting aids for example, what good is a bag of spices which helps in increase cooking skill, to an adventurer? The the harvesting tools were made for crafters and the woodworker tools were made for adventurers now the crafters can't even use the tinkered tools anymore.

All the tinkered items that had the crafter classes removed need to be relooked at.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Obvious bug and one I hope can be fixed soon.
    Ridolain likes this.