Our server

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Mowse, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Trasor Active Member

Guys if there was any doubt about the future of EQ2 pvp the layoffs and things that have happened the fast few days should speak for themselves.

EQ2 pvp is not coming back, not with the resourcing that they have, in fact their best course of action would probably be to just merge Nagafen into another server to hopefully get some more subscriptions back from it.

RIP to Venekor, Vox, and now Nagafen. You guys were and always will be my home.
  2. Darksavanna Active Member

this is my mind set now. I now run around with the title "of Venekor"
  3. Mowse Well-Known Member

Merge
    Sincerely
    Mowse of Nagafen
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  4. Mowse Well-Known Member

saw part of the TWITCH interview and it seems there are thoughts about cross server dungeon finders etc. Personally that will not help nagafen. I hope they are looking at something for Nagafen. The server is so quiet and dead its a miserable place to be. But all my characters are there. All the years of building and improving are now lost. I don't care to do cross server dungeons. I want to play on server that has noise, chatter. Bantering in chat channels. Men puffing up their chests talking about how great they are. Please let us move on
  5. Fivecents New Member

Well, I came here hoping to resub and knock the dust off my Freeport toons and try to enjoy the game I loved long ago. Sadly it seems that after allowing all classes on either faction, things have only gotten worse. Battlegrounds? What is that? Writs, all classes and PvP gear killed the game for me and many of my Freeport alliance friends. Templars quickly took my place(inquisitor) in the MT raid group. Bring evil no longer meant anything. The game was adjusted to accommodate the whiners that said raiding couldn't be done with limited classes. Freeport alliance beat Venekor with evil only. I know it because I was there, week after week. It could have been done but shortly after we beat him and got our VP keys they opened the gates. I believe that single change was the server demise. Ruining factions destroys the desire and sense of pride. I guess I won't come back as the final nail is in the coffin has already been driven in. I don't have any desire to pve without the risk of PvP death or killing those out to hunt contested mobs. To me that was the fun and thrill of Venekor/Naggy.
  6. Vlahkmaak Active Member

A lot of guilds beat Venekor with FP only classes and Venekor was very doable with class restricted raid forces back then: Heck, I used to love that fight way back when before it was nerfed.

Druushk on the other hand was the mob that the majority of raid guilds were having a hard time on with FP only classes back then due to the fear aoe. Pre class change Druushk/Nexona kills were quite an impressive achievement back then. I think both of our raid forces would have eventually got them both down, even without opening up the class changes, as we were both wiping in the last home stretch with near same consistent errors in both raid forces. Once the class change did take effect though they dropped immediately on our next raid night. A lot of guilds dropped them once the change was made and allowed for greater content progression for everyone. This is/was a change that should have happened to the content as it was not balanced to allow a decent amount of progression - I think less than 5% WW guilds were getting those two gate keepers down pre change and even after change that number did not increase that much. If someone has an actual correct % that would be great to know pre and post change but I know for us the inclusion of a Templar in MT grp made Druushk smooth as heck on pulls almost immediately following that update.

The fights were still quite an accomplishment IMO even with all classes as not that many more guilds completed the kills but, it certainly made the kills consistently easier for more raid forces. The fights were much easier on my Q pally than my FP guard pre class change. Nexona was also tough but Druushk was dang near impossible for the majority of guilds without cross faction classes as noted by how few guilds completed it, especially FP faction guilds, before the opening of all classes. Again, guilds that downed Nexona and especially Druushk, pre faction class change, deserve a special recognition for those feats.
    Smitty likes this.
  7. kronich Member

I agree that the first thing they could do to save nagefen is to bring aa restriction to low levels back, so we can have low level pvp again, so the new players don't need to start pvping at level 100, if they find some..
    Fetish likes this.