Our server

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Mowse, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Maddest Active Member

@ livejazz

Then. All is lost. /salute *taps playing in the background*
    Livejazz likes this.
  2. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Yes, people should be unable to transfer off of Nagafen. Lock them in, throw away the key, and watch them sink with the ship. All the while wonder why people aren't playing there.

Enjoy your dead server. You've earned it.

On the other hand, if you want people to PVP against (which is, I think, the point of PVP) then let them come and go as they please. The yield will be much greater, and people can actually TRY PVP without being punished.

This isn't rocket science.

People who like PVP will stay.
    People who don't like it will go.

You're saying people who end up disliking the PVP should be stuck there?

Asinine. This type of mindset and vocalization is why devs just shake their heads at "Those 12 people left on Nagafen" and ignore you brilliant lot.
  3. Thetmes Active Member

:rolleyes:

People can try PvP in BG ( its not really PvP but you seem to think it is so we will go with that really do not want to get into why its not PvP )
  4. Fetish Well-Known Member

I hope the new owners of SOE, Daybreak, find this forum...and the archived forum...and read up a bit on how not to do things. Maybe we can get our red server game back now? Here's to hoping!
    Siren and Trasor like this.
  5. Biotic Member

At this point anything that helps promote PvP (other than BG's) has my support, Nagafen is way too dead, and would require a lot more time/effort from the Devs to repopulate it . The ability to xfer over to Naggy for WF's or something would be cool, and would IMO bring atleast a decent amount of PvP back. I just hate how Battlegrounds is the only way to PvP right now, and if it stays that way I wont ever come back.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Lethlian Active Member

Lmao you really think the *New* owners are going to give a **** about a 10 year old out-dated mmo first and foremost, let alone the pvp aspect of it?

Their an *INVESTMENT* firm/corporation for crying out loud. Its called get a clue and that clue is, welcome to the end of this game as we *knew* it and hence forth the age of MICRO TRANSACTIONS for what's rest with the life of this game and the future of all the game's that are in development. At least now I know, I will not be playing EQnext aka EQmicro transaction Next.

Lmao to AFISTA to even think, this new owner is going to invest more devs into this game.

Game was already one foot in the grave, now its truly going to be dead.
  7. Fetish Well-Known Member

Ah...well that stinks. But honestly...I would think that even an investment firm might be able to run it better than it had been. If its about micro transaction...make a red prog server that requires a recurring membership to be on...make it how the red servers used to be. Anyone who remembers how packed Naggy used to be, and even Venekor before the changes, would realize how much money this would make. The only poor investment would be to leave things like they are...
  8. Maddest Active Member

Well, its something shiny and new and like any new toy they might play with it for a few months. Once they figure out what delusional, self serving, ignorant, jerks we are I dont know. :p
    Slant likes this.
  9. Maddest Active Member

I was thinkin today. On naggy you can right click the bg hub and go to naggy wz. If they put a WF like that for each server to zone into a mega wf it might be pretty cool. BG just isnt fun but a mega wf could be cool. It would satiate my need to kill people and wouldnt require a dedicated pvp server, i.e. I could stay on a blue server and still get something that feels like overland pvp.
  10. Maddest Active Member

Just to qualify. There was no true overland pvp and the wf was the only pvp last xpac. The only pvp that mattered to me was good quality 6v6. The bg doesnt truly give that because its a hodgepodge of whoever ques and anytime we made a premade 6 man to kill another premade 6 man they just exited the bg to steamroll a premade of 6 healers or 5 scouts and a tank. Throw a warlock or an illy in there somewhere and 3 or 4 monks.
    #obamacare #womd # smedley #callexurifyouwantgoodideas #imisspvp
  11. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

12. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Sadly, with the sale of SOE to a private venture capital manager .... I think this is closer to reality than otherwise.
  13. Raenius Well-Known Member

I`d like to see pvp-server like being bg-server - why? Quite simple: i will log onto it, grind pvp-achievements, and when done I wont come back except I feel like playing a round of Counterstrike.

This might sound harsh, but for a game that is 10years old and hasnt been designed to be a pvp-game in the first place it is the best Naggy can get.
  14. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I would like to see much of the PVE rolled back to certain points in the game as well. Stuff gets nerfed and contested content gets trimmed down. This is, sadly, the natural progression of a game that has become popular and begins to tail off. It needs to keep the subs it has, so why make it too hard? Why not make it a game where you can spend all of your time decorating a house? Especially if people drop the $$ on it.
    I don't take it as an offence. They are mechanics of the game that many people didn't (and still don't) understand. But I'm not about to take the flack for the demise of good PvP, nor do I think a vast majority of blues should take the blame. You guys on Nagafen shot yourselves in the foot just as hard as anyone else. I watched a lot of it unfold. SOE (Daybreak) doesn't hate PvP. They never did. They just looked at whatever bottom line they were told to look at and made the game that would keep them above it.
    I'd come to Nagafen (with a free transfer) and get my sugar.honey.iced.tea pushed in, but it would be fun. PvP is a blast in any form as far as I'm concerned.
    Siren and Fetish like this.
  15. Fetish Well-Known Member

You have good points. However in the case of the red servers...the changes they did didn't keep subs at all. I can't even count how many people I used to play with who left the game entirely, not just transferred to AB like most, because the red server game they loved was replaced with insta-travel, flying mounts, perma-immunity zones, no PvP in lowbie zones (DLW anyone?) and Battlegrounds non-stop for tokens. SOE could have had their cake and ate it if they had given the BGs to only the bluebies, and kept the red servers a little more "risk oriented" in its playstyle through tactful limitation of certain blue server "ease of play" enhancements. They red servers were crazy popular with people who enjouyed EQ2 with a bit more risk. The BGs were popular with bored bluebies (and red players sucked into SOEs grind BGs for tokens trick). Should have kept them both...separate. Yes, people would have had to choose...but they had to choose anyway when they left their blue server for the red ones.

As for blaming bluebies...it wasn't the fault of the bluebies who rolled alts on a red server and complained about PvP. But the bluebies who championed BGs...and whined enough to get all the PvP rewards and gear moved to BGs...so that in order to get that gear (realistically), you had to grind BGs day in and day out with no red server open world play...yeah, those bluebies sucked. To be fair, the red players who came from "balanced" PvP games, and their silly notion that all 24 classes should be balanced against all 24 classes, or that X piece of gear just needed to be nerfed were just as detrimental to the environment that had caused EQ2 PvP to be so popular and fun. It was the imbalance, the need for groups, the PvE interwoven with the PvP that made the game phenomenal. You PvE'd to get gear to PvP in...the other faction was attempting the same thing. This caused paths to cross, add in and amazing game, and BAAAAM! you have a game that was so fun I lost countless hours of sleep.

All turning Naggy into a BG server will accomplish is to add the most tragic ending possible to what was once the greatest MMORPG PvP game to ever have been...BGs are barren. A BG aggy will be the same. However if the time were to be spent making a "retroesque" server of PvP how it used to be (PvE for gear to PvP in. Limited travel options, speed, more lenient level ranges, etc)...it would be flooded. That sounds like a more sound investment than the former option... /shrug
  16. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I agree with the idea that BGs should have been an element left solely to the blue servers as "our" version of PvP. Even then, they really gimped stuff up progression-wise. I'm no high-end player by any stretch, but it was sad to see guildies go grind BGs for a week or so and end up with gear that made mine look like crap. All the power to them, but at the same time I was still a slave to RnG. I loved BGs on my troubie... win or lose, it was fantastic to use so many more hotkeys than I had to in the typical PvE set up. But the cross-over to PvP did not work well and was not addressed well at all. I won't say they was much "risk" to the real PvP other than some name-calling and having to limp away with one's tail between their legs. If you wanted to take on LFG and his cronies, on his ego-manifest forums then you'd run a little extra risk.

Well, the average bluebie had every right to whine and complain at that point, though. What they didn't whine for was to have all of the worthwhile PvP stuff moved to BGs. To be honest, they really didn't care what happened on Naggy other than to have things somewhat 'balanced' when they hit BGs. The problem is that when you have crappy players making a fuss and implementation being guided by that fuss, it turns out all wacky. The problem with the game, essentially, is it appeals to too many people and tries to apeal to more.

The game hit that kind of synergy for both PvE and PvP (in different ways of course). Sometimes it hits it a different points for different people. Fundamentally, though, it was never a PvP game and they were able to come very close to perfecting it. It's all taken a slide since RoK/TSO/Eof/whatever.

It sucks and I understand that. It is, however, the nature of any game and any for-profit organization. If they buggered it up, I hope it was for profit because it allowed the game to last longer. If they didn't listen to a bunch of trash-talking tweens and ruined the finances at the same time, then shame on them!
    Fetish likes this.
  17. Maddest Active Member

Not sure they buggered it up. For 6v6 the mechanics are pretty darn solid. Their only failing was to listen to the player base. Some things were obviously awful. In combat evac, god spells, zoning in combat, broken fear, stun, stifle procs. I suffered the truth of no fast travel while outnumbered 4 to 1. It was definitely challenging and not for the feint of heart. Used a lot of hit and run guerrilla tactics to stay ahead of the zerg. If you fought a 6-12 man with a solid 6 man and won(zergs were terrible more often than not). There were 20-40 coming as they put it in chat that they had you engaged.
    There used to be an x4 of pvpers that camped thundering steppes tower. All the time.
  18. Thetmes Active Member

You know I just noticed something looking threw the rest of the forums that I usually do not check. There are threads upon threads of blue players asking for things like increased drop rates or suggesting ways to make things easier for this or that reason. Guess what though there are vet blue players telling them not to mess with their game or ask for things to make their game easier............ I just found that funny since its kinda the same thing going on here only on a smaller scale but those of us on Naggy are being told we don't know what we are talking about for whatever reason........ Just to funny imo.
  19. kronich Member

#?
    Fetish likes this.
  20. Marschstiefel Active Member

This thread needs to be put in a bottle,and thrown into the ocean,hopefully it should float to soe