Ossuary: Choir of T'Vyl[Event Heroic]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Jodiph, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Vasco Active Member

Hummm I dunno. That permanent group dr seems nice. I know my groups coulda used a channeler last night in pop. After soul shackle wore off, it became a one shotville.
  2. Vasco Active Member

Does anyone know how to combat Malicious Touch? After I down Vaderin, Lazon starts doing his aoe pulse. First few ticks is fine, but all the sudden it ramps up to almost 2m dmg. How am I suppose to combat this?
  3. dkpc1983 Member

Because the curse that effected Malicious Touch is land on Tank who got most Max HP in your group.
  4. Vasco Active Member

Oh, i thought the curse affects Stragegic Incantation. Crap if the pulse does this much dmg, i got nothing to fight against that, no el channeler!
  5. Vasco Active Member

Loot really should drop 1 per boss in this place like someone said earlier. The last boss is insanely difficult to say the least. Malicious Touch should have a set duration before it ticks after the curse land on someone. I feel like sometime when the curse land on the tank, the group immediately takes a dirt nap, there was no time to react.

Stragegic Incantation on a 35 seconds interval seems kind of fast. 2 aoe blockers and a group death save is not enough to rotate through the whole entire fight with Lazon. After the blockers and the 2 aoe are down, soulshacke is a 50/50 chance to save the group from Stragegic Incantation.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong on the last fight, if anyone could post up some strats or tips, would appreciate it.
  6. Karagon Active Member

You just should ward strategic incantation with your magic ward using templar, or extra solowards if you run with shaman for DPSers who doesn't have AE blockers (your bard and chanter should have it - they can block all AE's, and your healers should use runes for 1 absorb > 50% hp - these work pretty well for that AE - so there is only 1 or 2 DPSers who are not covered and you should save them), or use group absorb for that (30% from SK or 15% from monk), or group deathsave (from your guardian or warden) + 20% if you use channeler. There are a lot of options.

Our guild cleared this zone using SK+channeler+templar, monk+defiler+templar, SK+defiler+warden, guardian+defiler+templar group setup combos. It is very easy to cover that AE using templar's magic ward actually. You don't need anything else for that, and you actually can take any healer in pair to it. But I am pretty sure that it's doable with almost any setup if you block AE on all your healers, bard, chanter and have to save only your one DPSer or two, if you run with two. Actually your fighter may use http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/19528518 to save your DPSer - and AE would hit only fighter in your group in that case.

Also cure curse only from tank ASAP - and you will be fine with damage ticks from the Malicious touch (they shouldn't be more than 700-800k per tick per 12 sec's)
  7. Wards Member

berserker
    defiler
    templer
    wizard
    some rndm bow guy
    chanter

get a tank wirh around 1.600k hp / grp too and u can just ignore des curse on last namer

around 40 minutes for whole zone
  8. Wards Member

an of course u should mezz lazon
  9. Vasco Active Member

Sounds like I need a Templar, or **** my hp so the group doesn't die from the AOE. I tell ya having 4 mil hp during the last fight can be pretty devastating to the group.
  10. Vasco Active Member

Thanks, completely forgot about the save rune.
  11. Apathy Member

How do you handle the stifles @ <80% when he ports over to the sides? Is it purely a DPS check to burn down the summoned disciples before getting overwhelmed by constant stifles?
  12. Xenord Member

Kill adds which stifle first. They have very low hp. Novice/obedient or smth like this, run from far portal
  13. Karagon Active Member

stifle is less than 10m radius. Just group should stay that distance from them and tank hold agro with autoatack.
  14. Galvanic New Member

Fix Ubis please. On several (random) occasions, he will start attacking even though he is not visible to the person that is suppose to bring him out of the shadows so there is no way to prevent the one-shots. The game logs dont even record the attack from Ubis - they just say 'YOU have been hit for 7m piercing damage' instead of 'UBIS hits you for 7m of damage'. It doesnt happen every fight, but enough to where this is super annoying. The zone is hard enough as it is.
  15. Gninja Developer

How often does this happen? Does anything out of the norm happen right before this happens such as the person dying or something?
  16. Galvanic New Member

I would say 1 out of 4-5 times of his going invis. We'll keep an eye out, but didnt notice anything out of the ordinary before this happens. I posted a while back that if we zoned out then back in while on this phase of the zone, Ubis would not be there, although his script would still be running (that issue has been fixed, but I am wondering if there is something that is related?). As an aside, he becomes visible again after he kills someone. Someone also mentioned they had to turn their graphics up or scroll their camera in to see him.

Thx for the quick reply.
  17. Duele Active Member

Yeah we have noticed some odd Ubis ports, where he doesn't show up to the person called for 10-15 seconds, but it is pretty rare, maybe 1/10 for us. It's not a big thing. Only happened when we had all the names still up I think.
  18. Karagon Active Member

Yeah, that happens in average 1 of 5 ports. Happens more often when 1st mob of 3 have been killed. But it's not a big deal if you use deathsaves for tank by yourself or by healers. With 2 healers in group that thing happening is not a big deal really.
  19. Duele Active Member

After paying attention on most recent run, I think it's when the tank has a 100% avoidance buff running, Ubis doesn't appear until the buff expires. Stoneskins don't have this effect. Just seems to be 100% avoidance stopping Ubis from triggering.
  20. Galvanic New Member

We havent noticed anything specific happening when Ubis fails to appear.....it has happened even when the tanks avoidance is not running (ie Dragoons). The only thing we are noticing is it isnt rare - it happens quite a lot. Very annoying.