Original Story Cinematic

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by meteor12, Jan 30, 2022.

1. meteor12 New Member

Hi, everyone,

I am a returning player and feeling nostalgic. There used to be an intro video that had a book and a voiceover that went through what happened between EQ1 and the beginning of EQ2. I know that this story is out of date, but I wondered if anyone knew of a place to watch it again. I am not sure what it is titled exactly and have tried searching Google and Youtube a bit with no success.

Anyone out there have a clue what I am talking about?

Thanks in advance!
    Wulfen, Pixistik, Sturmlocke and 2 others like this.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

3. meteor12 New Member

You are AMAZING! Thank you!
  4. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

What a coincidence. I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering why this intro was taken out of the game. It sure makes EQ2 feel more magical as explains a bit of the background story. Would love to see it reimplemented, because it adds to the overall atmosphere and could help new players get into the deep lore that the world of Norrath has to offer.
    Wulfen, Hartay, Xillean and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wulfen Active Member

This history needs to be written down and stored in a player Library. Nevermind how "Obsolete" it is to all those players who have busted through the level 120 era and have gone far beyond all those of us 100 and lower. We exist, and we do appreciate reminders of all the years we've played those historical events, and the brief synopsis of when, how, and why they occurred. It's even significant without the visuals, but somewhere there needs to be the history, available for all of us to
    renew our acquaintance.
    Sturmlocke and Breanna like this.
  6. Aenvar Member

Thank you so much for sharing that video, I had completely forgot about it. This used to be such a great introduction to the game, why was it removed at all?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The game evolved, as all MMOs do. By that point the game had been out long enough that the playerbase knew what the game was and what the backstory was trying to tell.