Orange Runes

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Determind, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Determind Active Member

What is the best way or a solo player to get orange runes, beside the free ones you can get from the Panda? Are their new adorning recipes for orange runes?
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Run solo missions, your odds are very low for a mission reward, but it exists.

Otherwise you can sell Krono for plat and buy the mats for the player made ones.

Almost everything is locked behind heroics.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

They don't acutally drop in the mission crates, but they do have a small chance of dropping of named mobs in solo instances.
  4. Ellimist Active Member

If you are only playing solo this is something to work at for something to do along with your planar weapon level but they aren't 100% required either for solo content.

The reason I say this is because so much is locked behind heroic group content this xpac. even for raiders.

The Tier 5's you are best running key quests and muting to get a player to make the tier 5 adorns.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I think most people running solo 'would like to be able to run heroic', but it seems very difficult to make the transition the way the rules are setup if you don't have a ready group of coordinated people. ie. PuG is dead. I do not understand why they arrange it this way.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Dropped orange runes have about as much chance to drop from solo as they do from heroic. I should know..I have run a LOT of both. You are better off chain running solos to get em so you dont have 5 others to compete with when you finally do get one. Nothing besides orange level 5 rune recipes are locked behind heroic and there are plenty of ppl that will do that combine for free assuming you have the materials
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just curious, how many oranges have you had drop in solos personally? I had heard that the chances of getting one between solo and heroic were astronomically different.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

One - I was running with a guildie, and he got it.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

You can also go into proving grounds and grind your heart out doing the solo over and over and get lvl 4 runes , check a merchant the zone in at qeynos or freeport
    Or you can choose to lvl up your transmuting and run solos over and over until you get enugh materials to have someone craft a lvl 5 for you
  10. Vuxish New Member

11. Arieva Well-Known Member

Probably 10+ in solo...over 2 months of daily grinding each one..a few of em 2x per day
    ConcealFate likes this.