Orange runes from panda

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ahmassar, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Ahmassar Active Member

Question about the new orange runes awarded from weekly panda quests - when it says "increases the effectiveness of septic strike" et al, what does that translate to in damage increase?
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I guess we are going to have to wait till we can actually get them and test them.
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The one for Levinbolt is the same that's on the Collection neck, with that said, the "increased effectiveness" means it'll hit a second time, for Levinbolt at least. So instead of a base of one hit, a double cast for 2 hits and a surge for 4.. It'll be a base of two hits, doublecast of four, and surge of eight.

At least from what I've been told on how that works. If anyone knows different or have anything to add, feel free :)
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

Would be nice if they added 5 static fervor to these runes so for the classes that have AWFUL class cloaks, they can a tleast swap out the rune for something useful.
    Snikkety, Kioske and Mermut like this.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That actually sounds really good.
  6. Bealeb New Member

It would be nice if the Orange runes could go in Ranged slot also...Every single class other than Ranger and Channeler can use the thing in their epics.
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

it sure does. except it's false

collection neck just slightly increases dmg of those spells. so slightly that you'll wonder why bother. sub-1% difference on tooltip. there might be a hidden multiplier and so be it, but that's impossible to establish due to dmg spread on all the listed spells
  8. Kioske Well-Known Member

I agree with this post's logic concerning the location requirements of the orange runes, but at the same time I also disagree with using ANY of the runes listed on that merchant over Celestial Gate.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

OK good to know, shame I was actually looking forward to a few of them.