Orange Rune review

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Etloc, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Etloc New Member

Hi Devs, is there going to be a review or tweak to the orange runes that say greatly increase?

I am a wizard, and while I am happy about grinding coins and the new summer event. I am pretty disappointed with the Class rune stand to get. It appears it gives you under 1000pot to a 1.5 min recast spell. Which for most active players will be around 1/25th or 1/30th of your potency value.

I would much prefer to see it cut down the reuse time by 30 secs or hit for an additional hit or put some meat on the bone for the potency addition.

please take a look and reply, if its not going to change I will save my coins and buy the generic one and be bitter about the lack of impact the upgrade makes.
    Snikkety likes this.
  2. kluxor Well-Known Member

Predators are even worse off. Same minor upgrade, to a 5 minute base recast ability, that does less dps than fiery blast.

An orange that says "reduces base recast of assassinate/sniper shot to 60 seconds" would be so much better than the non-upgrade we get. Only reason other even get it is the stats on the cloak and making up for the lack of a purple slot
  3. Anatha Active Member

I am hearing that the sniper rune is not worth it at the moment. Is this true? Can some rangers chime in about the sniper rune? Is it working as intended or does it need tweaking?

I am not working as hard as I did last summer to get the cloak and the rune. I don't like having to buy each tier of the cloak in order to upgrade. I much preferred last summer's event where you could buy the jewelry for 45 coins or the runes for 90 coins. No buying this tier, then the next tier, etc and then having unusable gear sitting in your inventory.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

It IS odd that the fully upgraded cloak is required to purchase the belt... AND that the belt is relic.
    It's especially... odd... for those classes whose class adorn is of... dubious.. value.
    Skiasss likes this.
  5. Skiasss Member

i like the relic tag on belt... it is easily best belt in game and should have a relic tag... since the relic armor is meh - and the other relic items outside of tomb are meh at best....

wrist / ring - u can easily get equal items from experts

only thing i see being a problem is people who wear the scout fervor helm but then again that was last xpac armor...
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's the combination of requiring the cloak, especially since so many class runes are nearly useless AND making the belt relic that seems excessive.
    Kraeref and Snikkety like this.
  7. Kickya Active Member

the assassin one doesnt 50% refresh either its more like 10%
  8. GuMeshow Member

Don't forget they made the cloaks Indestructible so you can't get rid of lower tiers (they stay in your bags when you purchase the next one) and they can't even be infused or reforged. :oops:
  9. Revoltx New Member

Please change or adjust the ability on Murderous Flurry (swash cloak orange adornment) to work on the AA replacement (Spinning Flurry) of Blades of Flurry.
    If a Combat Art/spell is upgraded or replaced then any boost to the lower/replaced version of the ability should apply to the higher/replacement version of said ability.
    Otherwise u force a class to use old/outdated version of said ability to gain the boost.
    This should not be the case.

Thanks
    Redlight likes this.
  10. Nero Active Member

I love how derailed this got.

Either way, a number of runes are getting adjusted "soon". So just hang tight and wait.

Also, i dont see the point about needing a cloak to get the belt as a relevant argument. if you hate it that much, dont wear the cloak, you only need to buy it to be able to get the belt. You dont actually need to wear it as well.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Indestructible means 1) it doesn't take damage when you die and 2) you can't reforge it

It does not mean No-Destroy
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

Perhaps if Fusion gets boosted through another half a dozen enhancements, it might actually end up being good...
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

Just like the cloaks from ToT got adjusted to make them more balanced? Even mentioning how unbalanced they are get you booted from discord
  14. Etloc New Member

Getting booted from discord? I haven't had that yet. I have consistently asked them to look at it in there though.
  15. Kickya Active Member

As im a GM slacker and as it takes one ot know one i KNOW that at heart most devs are slackers so heres my SLACKER solution to all this bruhaha

Add 5 frevor to all the orange runes

Sorted :)
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Hopefully the rune changes will make a few classes in better condition. But the change to the warlock rune has solidified that I'm betraying after my guild clears terris...
  17. GuMeshow Member

haha yeah, figured that out afterwards and destroyed the lesser Indestructible cloaks ... Still sounds odd to me.

Edit: unexpected censor on the word "kwir"