Orange class adorn and betrayal?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by AOW59, May 27, 2018.

1. AOW59 New Member

When we logged in for the new Xpac, we were greeted with a lot of new adornments - including the ethereal orange class-specific adornment from the 2017 ethereal event. I logged in on my Inquisitor and received Fanatic's Dogma, for example.

Now that I've betrayed to Templar, how can I swap that adorn for the Templar version? I've looked all over - CoV, PoM eth merchant, PG's merchants, shady swashbuckler, etc. No one in general chat seems to know either.

TIA!
  2. Dannni Active Member

I would suggest /petition... imagine they will swap it for the templar rune
  3. AOW59 New Member

Received an update from /petition - not a great day for customer service. I kind of doubt this was an 'intended' consequence of betrayal; more likely overlooked and sloppy:

Greetings,

This is GM Torchwick here to assist you. Betrayal is intended to have consequences, and that includes the inability to use certain class gear. At this time, there is no way to exchange class runes. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Torchwick
    EverQuest II Customer Support
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC
  4. Xellium Active Member

If you want a new rune, sell a krono on the free trade server and mule in 80 coins.
    That's what everyone has been doing all year.
    There are no other options, unless you still have 80 coins laying around from last year.
  5. Dannni Active Member

I would push the GM back and tell them how ridiculous customer service that is because it is ridiculous. How were you meant to know? It will take them hardly any time to change it.
  6. VGScastaway Member

Bad customer service has consequences too.
    I'm sure more people would have betrayed before the gu release if there had been any communication whatsoever about the class runes. This might not be as big of an issue to some if we'd received the class balanced we were promised for this xpac.
  7. XustinuS Member

I am actually thinking of betraying but the issue with class adorns is keeping me from doing it. Maybe we can buy it from a merchant for xx Status and xx plat. Or something reasonable like currencies...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Amily New Member

I would actually go as far as as to poke the devs on Discord, since it would be a fairly big oversight imo.. if it wasn't for the fact that Caithe is the only one semi-around at the moment due to vacations, and he tends to not respond (probably too busy as is I'd imagine).

They introduced the level-rewarded-adornments without any chance for us to prepare for the inexchangable (appearantly..) class adornments. Had we known beforehand that we were to receive them, we could've betrayed before the patch hit us - there was no heads-up though, so now we're stuck with adornments for classes we potentially aren't interested in. I'm stick in the same situation with several of my girls :(
  9. SteveB Active Member

this has been discussed dozen of times.
    In the end, you do not NEED to have the class adornment, but you want to have it.
    So either deal with it and mule the coins or mule more coins just for cases like that and do it with the IoR server or stay without it.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

This question had been asked many times while KA was the latest and greatest..this shouldn't be any surprise unless it's a new returning player and asking in the channel should've answered that question... lots of people took advantage of the double and triple coin time and stock up coins for that very purpose...heck some even did the betrayal bought the rune and then betrayed back.. once you buy it, its in your bags.. customer service isn't at fault on this one..either the member wasn't hear to take advantage of the coins, but since they have one rune then it sounds like they were and they should be able to go buy it in KA.. just did this a month ago on 3 different toons...… now those 3 toons have both runes