Orange adornments will no longer function within Blood of Luclin zones.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Really?
    and the reason for hamstringing the population is what, again?
    Observing likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Overland zones too, not just instances.
    It would have been nice if testing in beta had been done w/o oranges to give a more accurate feel for balance.
    Nunja, Quillyne, Rebelde and 4 others like this.
  3. Leed Active Member

Ahh, I felt like it wasn't like that in beta. I was thinking 'Why is my DPS so bad', and then I realized my planar mastery was gone, along with everything else. I didn't remember it being like that when I did the sigline on beta.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

They beta tested and balanced everything with people running orange adornments and then pulled the rug out. Speaking of the beta forums...
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

is that why my nose hurts from the sudden stop?o_O
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Jovie Well-Known Member

There is hope yet, maybe i just have to wait for the next expansion to be able to do this one.
    Gregore likes this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration, and yeah, the venue has always been about gear, even back in the Tears of Veeshan era.
    However, as a casual player myself, I rather welcome the Monty Hall stat bloat, as I have been able to adventure and explore areas formerly exempted to me.
    The latest Yun Zi gear is slightly better than Mastercrafted CD-era gear, so the gear will serve you well in CD and earlier with no issues.
  8. Observing Active Member

This seems like a much better solution to the spell doublecast change than what they did (edit 10 years worth of gear): just up the BoL spell doublecast avoidance to 1000.
  9. olleran Active Member

This reminds of a day on BoL Beta , after a patch when the Grace of Norrath buff was not working in Ssra Vault

Could the zone be cleared without the buff, yes , but was it was painfully slow and tedious and that is exactly how it feels running solos in BoL tonight
  10. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Removing orange adornments is actually a great idea, character's power has gone too far. It needs to be reduced. Besides, a new expension should come with a full gear reset, doing the old content should not be the case. So I trully support the idea.
    Dead Alt Account likes this.
  11. Rebelde Active Member

Oh yes. I agree with you. I'm very happy about to lose my higher heal as defiler due to the class orange rune. I'm so so so happy.... And more when I was in the raid beta testing and they worked... Yes, you know that you will replace them with the time (no orange slots in the new gear) but not in the release.
    Tkia and Feldon like this.
  12. Suidakra Active Member

I am a bit confused. Which orange adornments are you all referring to?
    My orange adornments that give potency seem to still work. My master ethereal adorn also seems to still work.
  13. Sious Member

there are new VIII red adornments, they where on beta merchant before so they can be made.
    they are stronger and better as the VII ones
  14. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I obviously did not mean such a type of adornments. They are just stats, nothing fancy and game changing.
  15. Gregore Active Member

Ok, maybe you like being "neutered" by the DEVs after spending a lot of time and effort aquiring these orange adorns over the course of the last two XPACs, but there are a lot of us that feel pretty salty about this ATM. Fine if they want us to completely re-gear and replace our orange adornments, but don't render them completely useless! That's like a slap in the face after busting my ar$e aquiring them for the last two years. I'll have enough DPS on my toon to most likely get through these "tedious" solo zones in a decent amount of time, but no where near as fast if my orange adorns, which I earned, were still "turned on". This game is already enough of a time sink W/O adding to it more. Casuals are struggling to get through this content, and us raiders are already in grind mode the first month or more of the XPAC, to help our guilds get off to a strong start.
    Guess I'll find out tonight. I stopped playing right before the first solo zone last night. Things didn't align for me to play a lot on launch day.
    Juraiya and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

I'm getting a distinct feeling of xpac deja vu'....again :p

Yes, yes...we ALL worked hard to acquire the things we needed in the last xpac.

Time to do it again...
    Dude likes this.
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

soooooo,.... the 1:1 replacement "red" adornments are in a chest as one first zones into the expansion content? riiiight?
    or are these replacement "red" adornments locked behind impossible-to-defeat beasties where one has a tiny percentage chance of an adornment dropping?
    I wonder if it is too late for me to go to my bank and have them reverse charge my card for the deceptive/fraudulent charge by DBG.
  18. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I'm fairly certain everything you replied to was full of sarcasm. The, "So, so , so happy" should have given it away.
    Rhodris likes this.
  19. Gregore Active Member

I'm not complaining about replacing my gear. If you actually took the time to read my post, you would have read that. I'm complaining about them just rendering our orange adorns completely useless! They should still have some use until we earn our new gear, or the devs should have implemented a way for folks to at least earn some "starter" red adorns. Beta testing was even done with the orange adorns on, so the DEVs probably have no idea where to dial stuff in at as a result. I'll put in the time as a hardcore raider and get it all done, it doesn't mean I have to like how they're implementing the adornment change. Quitting orange adorns cold turkey is just rediculous IMHO.
  20. Gregore Active Member

Yes, I think you're right! LOL Reading is a perishable skill.
    Rhodris and Zynt like this.