Opinions on monks?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Dephisis, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

since I've discovered the ACT pluggins and fight triggers, I couldn't play without.

Plus I like to check which spells do damage which are usefull, which I should use more and for AAs, check if I add an AA? if it's usefull or not.
    for monk ... that's how I've seen mantis bolt and crane twirl are must have and stay relevant with this expansion, as for other spells, when I see they don't do much on the parse, I may not add AAs to boost their damage.
    I may be a bit of a min maxer :)

for ACT to work, you have to activate your logs ... and then find the link on ACT and it will work. It's really good for fights where you need to joust like baron workshop. Or sometimes trigger friends buffs ... because in all honesty, you don't always look at the chat when fighting so you don't always see what buffs are running. so it's usefull :)
  2. Tooloose Active Member

As someone who plays a monk as well as every other fighter class, I'll be one of the, if not the first to say they require a lot more finesse than any of the others. It comes with its unique disadvantages and I personally think you shouldn't play them unless you're a sadomasochist or you have the gear on hand waiting to be attuned. That said... The pain of rising to the top is one of the many pleasures I found as a monk and a bruiser. It's sort of like being a **** version of One-Punch Man.

The damage isnt as great as a brawler, but the tanking ability is certainly better. Don't play the monk as a tank unless you'd brought your A-Game. Besides decent gear, stats, and skill levels, its your ability to mix and manage combat arts with timers and auto attacks that'll really determine your prowess.

A true monk can get blood from a stone.
  3. Ryuken Active Member

What is ACT?
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. Ryuken Active Member

Thanks Prissetta!
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

yeah for very same reason I do not play fighter type toons in general and monks in specific :D (specially human monks)
  7. Lemons New Member

Monks are amazingly versatile for tanking vs magical, physical, auto based attacks magical or physical autos with plenty of timed stone skins and enough death saves on demand to supply amazon, no full time death save so you have to know what your doing but once you get the hang of it is very powerful class but as always there are exceptions to the rule both in the way that they play the class extremely well and some that just never get the hang of it, ( mind that there are a lot of factors that effect how a tank holds agro, survives and dps's ).