opinions of Ward of Elements Difficulty.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-therodge, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Aye.
    My guild has only been able to sucessfully take out the first 3 named three times now. I think our highest raidwide DPS is in the 20kish range. NO mythicals, not even VP flaged. We otten tried the Books and the fire elemental but just get overwhelmed....but we know we can figure it out. No clue about the rest. Digg still owns us.
    We believe the zone is exactly right for its chosen audience.
    My advice to those having issues with the Water elemental BOSS....ignore the wiki strats and such....in reality this guy is a simple pull-tank-heal-spank.
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    What is it you are doing on Digg to make him wipe you?
    Any raid with the gear to be able to get up to him should be able to kill him if they have a good understanding of the encounter. This is not a fight that requires good gear.
  3. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Noaani wrote:
    We just havent tried him enough times to iron out the strat/encounter. We are not lacking the gear or anything like that...we just need to learn the encounter. I am hoping to get enough folks tonight to go back and try again :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Generally its people meleeing on him before the stiffle/dot reactive is counteracted.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    Only advice I can give, based on previous comments from you, the wikia strat is 90% accurate. If you know the bit its got wrong, you'll be fine.
    Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Rule #1 of this fight is: healers and those that are fetching do not DPS.
    If you've got that rule sorted, the stifle shouldn't be an issue.
  6. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

Just have one person getting Badger when its called, and snake when its called... when they call for shroom just go all out dps, and heal it. When they call snake, have everyone melee.... tell them when they call badger to stop all dps, when badger is called you get hit for 2k everytime you do damnge to the mob until its placed, once its placed you can dps, but sometimes it gets bugged and you still take damnage.... Just tell the fewlz to watch there health bar, and back the off if they get under 50%~
  7. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

vinere wrote:
    Our main issue is that we have not attempted him enough or long enough to even figure out what picking up the snake or badger or placing the snake or badger involves. Hehe have yet to even survive long enough to see what it is were suppose to pick up and we had someone just assigned to extending the bridges, etc =P
    Like I said we still learning the basics of the encounter.
    But what you say kinda explains what happened to us the time we did try......almost immediately after engaging him he called Badger at which point we just killed ourselves pretty quickly =P
  8. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

this aiden fight is most definatly a disaster.
    we post 70 to 90k DPS in there on most fights, depending on who we get on the raid that day, on our good days our DPS is great, and most fights go well, we got all strats worked out, and know what to do in what situation.
    but the aiden fight is a total disaster.
    see its not based on DPS, or strat, its based on how lucky someone is, at actually landing on something, and getting back to something, in a short amount of time.
    meaning, theres no reliable way to do this fight, sometimes it goes OK, most of the time fails miserably cause someone was a inch to the left, and missed some tornado, we get overwhelmed by adds, and thats it... wipe.
    when you remove every equation out of a fight, and base a very important part of the fight on a buggy "might happen, might not", thing thats almost totally luck, it really discourages people from ever trying the fight again.
    its basically to the point where when someone calls out "missed the tornado" we just evac.
    its dumb, cause theres no recovery.
    the worst part is, you can literally just fall through the tornados, I've done that a few times myself.
    this fight really needs to be worked on.
  9. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    Hi!
    Thats not luck that gets them back in time, its skill!
  10. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    He seems to call badger first everytime.. So next time you go tell everyone that only the tank engages.. everyone else waits for someoen to get the badger... If your looking at the mobs face(before you pull), the badger spawns to the right.
  11. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Noaani wrote:
    I dunno... I mean its mario skill, I'm not sure its a core eq2 player skill. Well until now.
    Trak requires some minor arcade type skill to land safely, but this takes that to a completely different level. There are many people skilled at eq2 play that are not skillful at what this one encounter requires.
  12. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Good afternoon all. I can not speak on the Aiden fight as we have not yet progressed that far yet, but I do think that the Dayakara fight is a bit too hard in its current state. My guild can and has killed the first 3 name pretty easily once we got the Khost strat down. We haven't beaten Digg yet but I have no doubts that we can once everyone really understands the strat and we get our /raid calls down. However, the issue with Dayakara is that I sincerely doubt that the level of gear that this zone is aimed it will be able to produce the amount of DPS that it takes to burn this named down before the adds overwhelm the raid. My guild is consistently putting out around 20k dps or so. 3 people have their myths (which shouldn't be necessary according to the developers) and most (if not all) have their fabled epics. Also, most if not all have their full t2 set gear with a few t1's for certain classes and certains slots filling in the gaps. Taking all this into consideration, I simply do not believe that getting those last few t2 items will help with the DPS discrepancy we are noticing. I would suggest either lowering the HPs of the adds or increasing the amount of time between their spawns. This by itself would probably allow us to adequately burn them before the next set arrives and dps on the Dayakara as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

*Edited for spelling*
  13. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

urgthock wrote:
    This fight is a 'skill check' fight.
    Bring one tank that can keep aoe aggro and 30k dps and you should win.
    12 players shouldn't have a problem putting out 30k combined dps. If your guild is having trouble, you need to have everyone examine their aa's, class strategy, group buffs and makeup, and make sure you've all got the AA you should have.
  14. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Unfortunately Atan, I must respectfully disagree with you. I do not believe that 12 players can easily put out 30k combined DPS as you claim. I could give you my opinions on reasons but I fear it would degrade into a yes you can, no you can't, yes you can argument. I just don't think it's reasonable to expect the people wearing the gear that they "aimed" this zone at to put out that kind of DPS with 12 people. Maybe if it were a x4 zone with 24 people, but not 12. Especially when considering that at least 3 (sometimes as many as 5) of those people are healers who don't put out a lot of DPS when they try hard, and aren't really trying hard in this encounter since they are healing the MT or MT and OT while we try to burn down the named and/or adds (we have tried it both ways). Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
  15. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

urgthock wrote:
    Our templar parsed 2800 on this fight, just sayin.
    12x 2.5k = 30k
    2.5k average is not hard to achieve with T2 shard gear + fabled epic.
  16. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Was your templar wearing the kind of gear that this zone was claimed to be aimed at? Was your Tank? If so, then I will have to admit that it is doable since you have done it, although I am still doubtful.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
  17. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

5 healers??
    Wow.
    30k should not be too much at all to ask for 2 full groups to do honestly.
    yes, if you bring a raid full of just guardians and defilers, you'll have issues, you actually need to bring well thought out groups to help maximize things if you're border-line in the first place.

"x2" doesn't mean "cake walk"
  18. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

urgthock wrote:
    In fairness, our templar is mythed and wearing a combination of VP and T2 gear. However i find VP and T2 gear to be nearly the same gear level.
    We use an alt SK tank for these runs so our MT can zone in and loot what he needs whenever it drops. The tank we're using is pure T2 shard gear and a mythical.
    My point though, you should be able to make 30k dps with 12 players in t2 + fabled epic. If you are not getting there, you guys need to spend some time researching and optomizing.
    I do feel trying this fight without a good aoe tank makes it far more challenging and you might have to alternate your strategy to overcome it.
    We find though SK tank and 30k+ dps and you have enough time to just have him aoe tank the named + all adds and get it burned down in time before everyone is overwhelmed by adds.
    The adds themselves do not hit for much and a tank can easily survive many of them beating on him.
  19. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Which is the problem.. any tank should be able to tank it.. not just an sk ~_~
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

vinere wrote:
    It is The Shadowknight Odessy afterall...
    But, Our Pally I know has tanked it, I'd bet our zerker if he timed his gibe right could as well.
    I play the guard, and I've yet to try him in the zone as I'm keeping his timer open, it would suck, but should be doable with the right spec.
    Brawlers? lawl.