opinions of Ward of Elements Difficulty.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-therodge, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

i know their are alot of threads that discuss WoE but none that that are directly discussing its difficulty.

please post weather you think its
    ZOMG WAY TO HARDZ11111
    really hard
    hard
    just a little to hard
    right were it should be
    kinda too easy
    too easy
    or LOOT PINATAZ FTL!!!!!

and why? personally i think the trash should have their aoes reduced by 50% and honestly nothing in this zone should be hitting harder then PR mobs, pr being a x4 although an easy x4, is easier 2 grouped then WoE which really makes little sence, considering i have 1 grouped pr and got smacked by the waterlord is just stupid
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

You realize nothing in PR has critical attacks right.
  3. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

quit trying to use basic logic Gage.
    its a lost cause.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

I think it's pretty hard. I had over 20k HP and 76% avoidance, 2 healers with mythical epic weapons, and a dirge and I was going down quite often. It was a pug, but still. I know my guild is definately casual and if I were to take them in there we'd get owned on the trash mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-FellwyndSunstorm Guest

Brutal. I have TSO gear, and the rest of the raid had mostly fabled raid gear, half had their mythicals. We were organized, with a healthy 16k hp SK tank in fabled gear and repaired near breaking 3 times and still didn't get past the 3rd boss in 2 hours. Obviously the comment made about creating a dungeon for non-raid geared players was an April Fools joke. Good one, SOE!
  6. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Gage wrote:
    well aware of this, my point was that things in the x2 shouldent be hitting harder then named in pr not that they are not
  7. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

therodge wrote:
    I disagree.
    X2 loots are by far better than loots in PR. X2 loots are on par with loots in VP.
    Considering risk vs rewards, X2 is kinda too easy for casual raiders since X2 is easier than VP but with same quality loots.
    Though, considering casual players, the difficulty is right where it should be.
  8. ARCHIVED-Apos Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    First few mobs I think are about the same as kluzen, ekron, and the easy mobs of vp though. The harder ones are harder than SW, trak, druushk, nexona. Let's face it, anyone that could kill aiden or whatever could probably kill trakanon with like 8 or 9 people.
  9. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Most named in X2 are much easier than easy named in VP.
    Most named are tank and spank except Digg and Aiden. (Not hard but tricky)
    Not to say, I doubt there is any team can kill trak with 8 or 9 ppls since that fight is timed.
    For Aiden, it is very easy after figuring out how to kill it.
    If you were fighting with 1x+ heroic in that fight, you were missing something.
    Without those heroic adds, Aiden is LOOT PINATAZ.
  10. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

heres the problem, i have along with more then half the raid cleared vp, some of these mobs hit as hard as vp mobs which is supposedly a x4 raid, We had litterally a perfect raid setup, the trash aoes harder then vp mobs do, and if you are clearing vp this zone wasent deseigned with that loot in mind, i can honestly say, it would be easier to pickup raid vp and most likly clear up to silvering or phara, then to pickup this zone, now if you take into concideration players arnt supposed to have myths that means, that mobs like nexicona are too hard for them to beat and this zone should be easier then that correct?
  11. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

It's a tricky balancing act when you think about who they're designed for - it was said specifically that it was designed for players without raid gear/mythicals. The last few x2s are certainly harder to two group than the first three mobs in Hate, and that's about the same range as most casual raids I'd think. So in that respect I think it could use a little tuning.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

therodge wrote:
    Only the tank should get hit by the trashes AOE. Its only cast on incoming and its range based.
  13. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Gage wrote:
    well thats partially incorrect, the aoes are on a 1 minute timer, which i only learned on a ad pull and revorvery took a sec, and fight lasted a little longer then i was hopeing but can the water mobs be ranged, had everyone try and range it but were getting hit anyway
  14. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Then they should also revamp lower tier content so that solo trash hits harder than x4 contested like Vox and Venekor. The loot you get off solo mobs is far better than the loot that drops off these epic named, so the solo mobs are way too easy.
  15. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    Why?
    PR and X2 are for lv80 players. Vox and Venekor are not.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Keep in mind also, these zones are supposed to give upgrades for people with T2 void gear NOT raid gear. With that in mind, I think the zone is too rough on people who don't have raid gear already (which defeats the purpose since those people have x4 raid gear and won't need x2 raid gear).
  17. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

What difference does that make? Level 50 players kill level 50 mobs. Level 80 players kill level 80 mobs. What's your point?
  18. ARCHIVED-Antas22 Guest

Overall, I'd say the difficulty is perfect for the range. The exception being Digg, who I suspect is just broken. He simply wouldn't take the snake, and healed close to 40k HPS as a result. Even with 45k+ RW DPS, it was impossible to kill him (get him to 60, he calls for snake, set snake down, 20 seconds later he's healed to 80). Every other named we fought was pretty much cake though, which is pretty much what you'd expect from this for a raid made up of mythicalled/raid geared characters.
    Love the design on the trash though, wish more raid trash was like that: low HP, but able to kick out some DPS so as to not be completely pointless. How much greater would VP be if trash were like that (and thus wasn't a HUGE timesink).
  19. ARCHIVED-Vain Guest

x2 should not be easy and nor should the x2 require you to be VP geared. The key here is that the shard armour for TSO offers Critical Mitigation (something the RoK stuff isn't going to have) which should soften the blows somewhat.
    The other key here is that casual guilds should not be expecting to walk into this zone and clear it on release day. There should be (and hopefully there is based on the feedback so far) some progression here. Kill first 3 nameds. Farm them for upgrades and progress thru the final more difficult encounters.
    Calling for nerfs on Day 2 is pretty silly, imo.
  20. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    So you are against they fixed the mistake they made. You want X2, better loots, be easier than PR. Got you.
    And I am agianst your opinion.