Opening the Marketplace UI is causing the game to crash

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hartsmith, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having this issue? I am not even able to browse items on the market. This is rather frustrating as I was planning on buying one of the Estate of Unrest prestige home.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Default UI?
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Yes, the default UI. I wasn't aware there are alternatives.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Usually after a new xpac custom ui's can take some time for updates. But if you're using default it should be fine.
  5. Schlumpo New Member

Happening to me as well. Even if I try to access to "shop" before running patch it will crash to desktop. I so much as open in game broker and I crash. Blah
  6. DustyBoy New Member

I'm having the same issue. My account is one of the oldest (and paid for EVERY single month) in game. I was sent an email by Sony once with a VIP event invite, saying it was one of the 50 first created accounts. In all this time I have NEVER had the kind of issues that I have until recently. Ever since the newest expansion went live, anytime i try to open the marketplace or click on an item in the marketplace window shown at log in, im instantly booted from the game, back to desktop. Not only has Daydreak not resolved the issue, they dont even seem to acknowledge it. Not impressed with the direction the game is going.
  7. DustyBoy New Member

Here is the crash error I get. P.S. If i still cant get into the marketplace by the time Frost Fell goes live, this really old account is going to be one of your most recent canceled accounts. Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:EverQuest2.exe
    Application Version:1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp:564d0518
    Fault Module Name:EverQuest2.exe
    Fault Module Version:1.0.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp:564d0518
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:0085dc21
    OS Version:6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:fd00
    Additional Information 2:ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3:fd00
    Additional Information 4:ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  8. Xubono New Member

Ok, count me in the list of people having the same problem. I can play the game, but only if I immediately close the marketplace window when it pops up. If later I open the marketplace (by clicking on the little shopping trolley icon), then the EverQuest2.exe program crashes. Makes the Marketplace seem rather pointless now.
  9. hkusp40 New Member

Same problem here. As soon as i click the marketplace icon.... BAM i'm headin to desktop.
  10. Schlumpo New Member

Checked it again at 0710 cst nov 23 mon. and the problem persists.Hopefully they get to it today. Haven't been able to use marketplace for 4 days or so. My grandma needs new combat boots!
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

It must be some sort of localized issue. I just tested the MP ingame, and cancelled my purchase. It was working just fine.
  12. feegalo New Member

I've had same problem as soon as i open the marketplace in game, or even at toon selection the game freezes then message " something caused the game client to crash" I seem to be only one in my guild having this issue, trying full download now, verifying files does not fix error.was fine till TOT went live, i cannot sell stuff on broker now cus i cannot purchase broker tokens. I am Free to play -is that some new crazy restrictions? you don't want any of my money?
  13. Soxer Member

I havent been logged in for about 10 days so i havent noticed this problem until today. Opening marketplace makes me crash within 2 seconds of having it open. Shocked to see this was created almost a week ago and its the only thread about it and no Dev response?
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Just a thought, when you open the marketplace, you are, in effect, opening a browser window to the online store. Make sure that EverQuest2.exe and awesomiun_process.exe are in your firewall and antivirus exceptions list to see if that makes a difference.
  16. DustyBoy New Member

I can 100% verify it has absolutely nothing to do with firewalls. Just to make sure I didnt somehow miss something, I completely turned my firewall off before entering the game and with my firewall 100% completely disabled and turned off, it still kicked me out of the game when I tried to enter the marketplace.
  17. Schlumpo New Member

0845cst 11.25.15: Game crashes when the marketplace is opened. :(
  18. Noctifer New Member

Same problem crash when hitting the market place, any fix soon ?
  19. Spindle Well-Known Member

DustyBoy it looks like you are running Vista Home version. How up to date are you on your drivers, etc? Which browser do you normally use?
    That OS number has had crashing problems all over the board since 2009 with various apps and games.
    It may be worth your while to google for Vista updates and glitches.
  20. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Those of you who are crashing when opening marketplace, what Operating System are you using?