Opening crafting window

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Chris Thompson, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Chris Thompson Active Member

Hi,
    Is there a way to have the "Recently Crafted" window open by default when I access a crafting station, rather than the "Unfiltered" window?
    Thanks
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am guessing the answer is "no". The default state of the crafting window is unfiltered. "Recently Crafted" is a built-in filter. Any filters you create are in your EQ2 install directory in eq2_recipe_filter.vdl

Some while back I got mad at the way the filters were working, pried open the filter file in a text editor, and created an organized set of filters (available on EQ2Interface). I try to put stuff people will be using the most at the top so it's easier to select.

I did take a quick look at the file that holds the tradeskill window (eq2ui_tradeskills.xml) and there is nothing that says "Recently Crafted" there, so I have no idea where that's coming from, but there's probably nothing you can do with it in a mod. I went ahead and posted the question in EQ2Interface.com's Request forum to see if anyone can give a better answer.
    Spindle, Yenk and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Chris Thompson Active Member

Thanks. It might be a little OCD of me, but it would make life easier when you're doing rush orders to just pop the thing open and have those items in front of you. I appreciate your asking around.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I usually just leave the crafting window open as I go back and forth between the writ giver & the crafting table.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As an update, Darq responded and said he had tried to get it to do what you're asking, but the window opens with no recipes in it.

I think the deal is that the crafting window has to take a second or two to load ALL your recipes, which s why you get Unfiltered as a default.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

For rush orders just drag the required recipes onto a writ hotbar and work from there. Swap them out when you go up a writ level. I've been doing it that way for years as the fastest way to handle it.
    Spindle, Chris Thompson and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

yep, did the same as Tkia for years and it's the easiest way. It usually asks for 2 out of 4 items per writ level, so just get 4 slots open and drag the recipe. Just have to click it to open the window. You 'll need to open the whole recipe book once to have your bar-button populate on log-in but after that, you're good to go (same goes with city festival recipes and such)
    Xianthia, Spindle, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  8. Chris Thompson Active Member

Sheesh. That never occurred to me in all the years (since day 1 actually) I've been playing.
    Learn something new about this game all the time.
    Thanks!
    Spindle and Breanna like this.
  9. Chris Thompson Active Member

Thanks for checking!

Chris
  10. Seth Well-Known Member

i think you can have it with a custom UI too
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We were discussing whether a custom UI could even do this. The problem here is that the UI has to field whatever the server flings at it, and apparently the server wants to first load every recipe you know, which leaves it in the Unfiltered state. That's nothing we can change from client side. I double-checked with Darq, the fellow who does DarqUI, and he said that he had tried to make this change in the past and it doesn't populate the window with recipes if you do.
    Spindle and Breanna like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Makes sense as the tradeskill filters don't work if you don't have the recipes loaded first and you need to wait a couple second before switching to the Blood of Luclin filter for example.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.