Open Wounds and Rampage

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Kyllikki, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyllikki Guest

I just hit level 58. These two abilities seem pretty similar. Do most use them one at a time, or trigger them both at the same time?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Open wounds grants you 100% Area Effect melee for its duration. Great at low levels but useless once you have your mythical buff at 85+ as that gives you constant 100% AE. It also does a small amount of damage. Rampage gives you triggers for damage (10 i think) so every hit you receive it triggers a hit back. Weapon Counter is similar but has less triggers and a quicker reuse time. I use weapon counter on every mob and rampage on the nastier ones but often whenever its up also. You obviously use open wounds when fighting multiple mobs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Rampage triggers AE damage on every hit. This is your most important ability, use it every time it is up within reason, but save it if you know you have a big linked encounter coming.
    Open Wounds is now underrated I think. The haste bonus is going to be huge for you at your level, and the 100% aoe auto is absolutely amazing for it's level. The damage proc isn't as bad as people give it credit for too, but the recast hurts it for making great damage on your parse. Use it freely too.

Now as for your question, do you use them together? I say do what you like. If you want to do one big burst parse, use both. If you want to spread your damage/aggro out over time, spread the skills out. I'm more of a fan of spreading them out, but it's a totally different game at 92.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kyllikki Guest

I wasn't sure if it would be redundant to use them both at the same time or not. Having them with the same recast time does make it easy to make a macro and trigger them both at once, but maybe I will stagger them.
    Berserkers get 100% with their epic? Maybe I shouldn't have gone down the Agility tree and put 10 points in that second ability, hehe
    Thanks for the input.