Open Source Layout Editor

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sennen, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Sennen. Both for working so hard to add new functions to the editor you are creating, and for taking the time to even code this for us. Sorry if I keep bringing up new things for you to add to the functionality. Not trying to create more work for you, lol...just trying to make things easier for all us decorators. :D

I also want to thank JesDyr for doing what he can to help you out. It really is nice to see him willing to share info instead of becoming close-mouthed, seeing you as competition, as so many others would do. This gesture speaks volumes about him and the type of person he is. I am greatly impressed. :)
  2. Sennen Well-Known Member

It's not a problem at all. I don't mind coding and even put all the source out there so maybe someone may learn from it.

JesDyr has been uber helpful and has really put no ego forward. I don't really see mine as competition, just another option. It'd be competition if we were charging for em :)

You're welcome.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, I've used both, and the one Sennen's got is easier for me, imho (though my computer still tries to "warn" me about it not having a "real publisher" [i.e., probably someone who's paid MS lots of fees...], and do I reeeallly want to Run it? no matter how many times I tell it, "Yes, you twit, just like the other 87 times I've told you to!").

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the Notepad Method, too, so could it be the numbers that's scary, or the processes? I've heard of people breaking out in hives over either/both. :-/

Uwk
    who doesn't mind numbers at all :)
  4. Sennen Well-Known Member

In Windows 10, I only get that message the first run of a downloaded app.
    Windows 7? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/182353-open-file-security-warning-enable-disable.html
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

6. Sennen Well-Known Member

I swear there's a per file version of it as well in the file properties, but I have no more systems on 7
  7. Anatha Active Member

Well thought I would try this one since I seem to be having trouble with the 5 room New Halas breakout house using JesDyr's editor. This one is also throwing an error now. For some reason, the UID for that particular house changed to a super high number. 10916792952440555521, Unique House ID

Here is the error.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at LayoutEdit.LayoutFile.LoadFile(String FileName, Boolean GroupOnly, Boolean ClearCurrentGroups, Boolean ClearCurrentItems, Boolean NotesImport)
    at LayoutEdit.LayoutFile.set_FileName(String value)
    at LayoutEdit.Form1.btnLoad_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    LayoutEdit
    Assembly Version: 2016.8.16.0
    Win32 Version: 2016.08.16.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/EQ2/LayoutEdit.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sennen's is a cool program, too. They each have their own strengths, and when I was having issues with Jes', I'd use Sennen's, and vice versa. So it could work with his. :)

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  9. Anatha Active Member

Uwk, I tried with JesDyr's v7 and v8 and this one. All having trouble with the extremely long UIDs. Not sure what is causing it. Is it the application? Is it the game? Are my files corrupt? I don't know enough about programming to know for sure.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Urrggghhhh...good question; not sure. :-/

I'm in the same boat you are; I just know barely enough computer language to get my face slapped. I'm a user/language student, not a "real programmer." :-/

Uwk
  11. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I didn't think this one was converting the value to a number... Sennen, just change your data type to a uInt64 (and your converts obviously).
  12. Sennen Well-Known Member

13. Sennen Well-Known Member

14. Sennen Well-Known Member

And now the release page has the actual program. Never code drunk.
  15. Cheesenabber Active Member

If I want to use it, I just download the .exe file, right? I don't need the open source stuff?
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As in OpenSource, the official bells and whistles? Don't think so, but Sennen's open source Layout Editor program is a nifty one. :)

Uwk
    who has both that one and JesDyr's, depending on what's needed :D
  17. Sennen Well-Known Member

If you just want to use the program, you only need the EXE file on the releases page.

If you want to contribute and know how to program, that's what the open source is about. All of the code behind this program is available to anyone who wants to see.
  18. Cheesenabber Active Member

Thank you. I do not know how to code (well, I suppose a tiny amount of HTML, like 15 years ago :p ) I just hear about these programs all the time and wanna try it for myself! Now, to figure out how to accidentally my house!
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Where can I find the most current version of this, just the .exe part please? I think it's way past time I downloaded it. :D
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, there's this:

https://github.com/JitteSochin/EQ2LayoutEditor/releases

The most recent version there is from November 2016, and I think all it is on that site is the .exe (well, okay, there are also source codes available, but I don't think they're strictly necessary). I've got both of them (JesDyr's and Sennen's) and they're not too tricky to get the hang of if you work with Excel. I do think Sennen's has a shorter learning curve, but that could just be me. ;->

Uwk
    Naramsin and Moonfyre like this.