Open Letter regarding the future of Player Studio

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Moonpanther, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, if/when I make a female Channeler, I'd have 2 of that class, which is all I want, frankly. Still can't get the hang of them, other than "they cast as slowly, if not more so, than Templars/Inquisitors, and are nearly naked, running around in just leather instead of plate (granted, the "plate" of Temps/Inquis's are more like tissue paper, protection-wise)"; I can't even figure out how to change the configuration appearance of my stupid pet. :-/

I have cranked my 8th li'l Monk up to 18th level now, come to think, by raiding my alts' shared Collection Depot on that server...would hate to see that go to waste... ;->

And anything beyond six of any class, since we have six regular servers (including Public Test and Thurgadin), is pretty much gravy; I don't need to even up anything beyond six as far as classes go, but I do want even numbers of each, so at least two of every class. ;->

And I've got odd numbers of Aerakyn; need another female...I like the races to be even numbers, too. ;->

Uwk
    who really, really needs help with OCD more than anything, probably :D

EDIT: Ooh! Come to think, I do need another male Assassin...Human...
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ah so then 2 more and it will still be an even number. Yea My little channeler is like level 18 or something, but I did enjoy playing her, although I don't think I ever made it out of Antonica with her. She was pretty awesome although with my OCD I had to have her with all mastercrafted armor and jewelry and all master spells so she was slamming stuff pretty hard.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sweet! I usually don't MC anything but Chest/Legs/Weapon(s)/Shield/Cloak/Dolls and Rings (occasionally Belts and Orbs, if I have the rares to spare); things that can be Imbued.

And my Scholars don't get nearly the work-out they should, except for my Jewelers, whom I fairly recently grudgingly admitted might be good for something. ;->

My Sages I just usually crank up to 50+ to get the player-writeable books. ;->

But! Getting the thread back where it was, I hope we can get Player Studio back again someday, once they get everything ironed out and up to date. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Breanna, come on over and join us! Court of the Blood Rose. :cool:

Uwk, I have 103 now... <ducking> Still struggling to even out classes, races, servers & good/evil affiliations... :oops:
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

DO IT!!!

*chants in her best Dungeon Keeper impression*

Come and join us, come and join us, COME AND JOIN US!!!!!!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

103?! Omg, now I have to catch up... :eek:

I recommend spreadsheets for keeping track of them all ("all" = classes, races, alignments, names, etc.; each of those categories has its own sheet ;->). Seriously. I might as well buy stock in Kingsoft or Microsoft. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't delete, I buy a slot, make a new one. Then grab you and Breanna and go to a meeting!!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I very quickly got her up to 20, so now she's set; sent out letters to my TS alts to beg, and seriously, I'd bought the Betrayal Token, and dudes! it is SOOO easy now! It actually asks you flat-out now if you just want to betray your class, or your city instead, or as well, or whatever. All I had to do was say, "Change me to a Bruiser," essentially, and it was done. Didn't have to change alignment. ;->

Yeah, I guess I'm keeping her. :)

Back to other things! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well you know, you could also make some on Kaladim and join us, we always have Kitty space as well!!! And I think it would be more than wonderful to have my two meeting buddies there!!! Even if it is only once in a while, since Breanna has to work a lot and well Uwk you have a 102 other babies to attend to.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I wish it was a few years ago, we used to have a shop guy that would run the shop so we could come in late and go home early Life was good then LOL. But he turned out to be a huge curmudgeon we were starting to get complaints from our customers so we had to let him go. So now it's back to the (uwk word) spousal unit doing all the work, no more leaving early hardly ever unless something is up that will run along time.

Anyhow long story short I was young back then and could stay up until midnight or later, now I fall asleep by 10. I'd get a good 8 hours of my fix a day. Now I'm in a routine (routines are good) get home make dinner, eat, play for about an hour, scoop cat boxes, do dishes and guess what it's time for bed. (time for a new routine I think)

Ok so anyhow I will make one this weekend for Kaladim. It's been forever though since I haven't had any tradeskillers to back me up I forget what it was like to play from scratch and not have mastercrafted gear and stuff.

And we are still way off topic on this thread LOL

We need a player studio campaign when the broom mount gets made.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'd have a hard time playing without my MS Excel workbook! I have a huge data sheet that I (mostly) keep updated, and pull pivot tables to drill down to specifics... I used a pivot table to determine which server my FG toons went to... a server that did not already have a fury and a troub - after the fact, I discovered I now have two Kerra there. <sigh>
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I usually don't worry about two of the same race unless they're the same gender...but there's ways around that now. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We can start another thread and start a campaign and place the open letter into it. I don't think it will do any good since we could not even get a response when I know at least 2 developers know this thread is here, but those two did not have information to give us. But you know they talk around the office so one would think word would get around that we are concerned about this and someone would come to talk to us.

But that is just my thought, I know that in the prisons if you knew inmates were getting up in arms about something, someone would get them in the dayroom and address the matter, but that was in the lower custody levels. Being on death row, my inmates never had a chance to be around anybody else, they were only out of their cells one at a time.

I will see if I can find out any other names to send this thread to, maybe we can get a response from one of them.

EDIT:

I just sent a request with this thread to Windstalker, Roxxlyy, Caith, and Ttobey. I tried to send it to Gnobrin as well but it would not let me.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ttobey replied apologizing that this was not in his sphere of influence. I thanked him for taking the time to reply.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Always nice to be noticed. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. MasterMagnus New Member

Sad indeed.

You all here in EQ2 were always the best supporters! You're all the greatest!

Over in EQ I seemed the only person paying attention when they said they were 'rekindling' things. So nobody noticed when they shut down. I didn't even have the heart to make a thread. :(

Your builds are amazing, keep up the faith!
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will keep hunting down the names of Devs to send the name of this thread to until maybe someone looks and responds. Its all I can do to help.
  18. MasterMagnus New Member

Apparently if there is any official word on Player Studio, the buck stops at Nick Silva.
    It's a done deal though. They really aren't going back on it.

They simply don't have the staff, and the PlanetSide2 devs work with an entirely different set of tools (more current than the stone age).

I'm guessing when they announced they would continue accepting submissions they had no idea how the art pipeline in the EQs worked. When Nick found out there was nobody left who even knew the entire pipeline anymore it was game over.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

See, this is why documentation of stuff is so bloody important. If things had been properly documented, they could have no one left there but the janitor (who by night is a secret programmer and can read Coding) and still be able to run it. :-/

Uwk
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are probably two or three people that each know a bit. Or one or two that each know a bit and a few pages of notes from others. They could put all that together and probably get most of the pipeline but I am guessing nobody really wants to deal with it. And I am regrettably guessing that by the lack of a response from anybody other than Gninja, Kaitheel, and Ttobey who all said they had no information and could not help but not a peep from any of the others.