Open Letter regarding the future of Player Studio

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Moonpanther, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

Well I hope that is the case! And this announcement must not have been very clear if there is so much confusion over it. Perhaps they will issue another statement for clarification.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I can be quite brazen. I will just send a private forum message to this fellow Nick Silva and see if I can get us some clarification from the horse's mouth.
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

That would be great! Brazen away!
    Elyria, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  4. Mirt Well-Known Member

Brazen, yet polite, is always good.
    Elyria, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, this came in today:

https://www.everquest2.com/player-s...jw0GB2lliky9C3b-zl5we0faO6NbNWKS8KliMdE2UAYVs
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, let's keep it civil so that our message is not lost.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

9. Mirt Well-Known Member

On the bright side, there is a backlog of 6 mos - 1 year (based on various things said by the player studio creators), so we will be getting lots of new things in game for a while yet to come.
  10. Niboota Well-Known Member

I don't think she has any intention of being rude LOL. I think she just meant she is bold enough to send the guy a message and ask :). At least I hope that's what she meant! LOL
    Elyria, Moonpanther, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  11. Ladislava Active Member

I really wish that they would reconsider. Yes it takes a while for the items to get into the market place but when they get there everyone gets excited. We see them talked about in Homeshow channel, we discuss them in guild chat, we talk about how they can be used, how nice they are and how we can talk the spouse into letting us spend real life money on them in a virtual world (or is that just me). Please reconsider this decision. Sometimes the devs are unable to get an item made for us due to time constraints and or lack of man power but there are others out there making that stuff for us.
    Mirt, Elyria, Moonpanther and 5 others like this.
  12. Niboota Well-Known Member

LOL! You're funny!
    Mirt, Elyria, Moonpanther and 4 others like this.
  13. Sagedust Member

While I don't create for the game, I do purchase items off that department in the store. I think that we do need more recipes. Yes we got a net recipe bundle that craters can make for either their own houses or for others to use. The Player Studio is viable to the game and to the decorating community for EQ2 as a whole
    Elyria, Moonpanther, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I personally think Player Studio was supplemental instead of intrusive when it first launched, but as the team got cut, less time and resources went into it which likely led to this. I still find it odd that they still have PS2 open for submissions. You'd think that with it being a more resource intensive game, and a larger (debatable) player-base that it would be closed as well. This makes me wonder, is it the player studio program itself? or and everquest franchise issue? :think:
    Elyria, Moonpanther, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Elyria, Moonpanther, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

I feel that this is a dagger to the heart of the decorating community and to the talented studio creators who love and support this game. For some years now we've had the benefit of this rich addition to the marketplace and I can see absolutely no good reason to take it away - other than Daybreak simply can't provide the resources to continue with it - which says it all for me. What a pity.
    Elyria, Feldon, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Lord knows I did try my best to keep player-studio alive with my display house. *Hides the rest of her marketplace items cuz it is just too crazy how much I own* :rolleyes::oops:. Very sad they ended this program. I love all of the items that have been added and submitted to this program. If they hadn't announced the new planetside 2 thing and hadn't just renewed two memberships the month before, I would have a couple lifetime memberships. If I won lotto I would go completely nuts. o_O

However, I don't feel like we are forgotten after expansions happen. I do think they are giving us lots of in game house items considering the reduced staff. They added two new holidays even (three if you count Days of Summer, but yes it just gives us free old items from marketplace but gave us 2 new houses). Oceansfull had 16 items. Scorched Sky had 38 items (if you count each building block piece). Moonlight had what 52 new items last year. There was around 700 non-player-studio house items added last year (includes mount plushies). The latest game update will add over 60 items. We have gotten how many new non-expansion houses??? after not getting some for a long spell unless was for expansion...Mara, Relic, Santa Glug, Kerafyrm, and Baubbleshire. Three of those we didn't have to pay extra money to obtain. They also added the Skyblade skiff house to loyalty merchant (and the Calm Forgotten Pools Sproutling!!!). Plus, they gave us a chance to buy old expansion houses which we asked for, even if it was for limited time. They are listening to tester requests as well...a bunch of old mushrooms and the new ones were changed to scale smaller, items we would like added got added, etc.

With all that considered, YES I still want player-studio to continue to allow new things to be submitted. *Cries* Hopefully they will change their mind if we all keep buying the items that do get added or are already in game now.
    Elyria, Breanna, Moonpanther and 6 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! Well reasoned. :)

Uwk
    Elyria, Breanna, Moonpanther and 3 others like this.
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this - but In other words, they are just about keeping up with what we expect and pay for with every new expansion and every monthly payment..and still taking away a valuable resource - just imo unless they up their game considerably ofc!
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am always polite, you know that Mirt. Except to that person whose name begins with Ch and who is a horrible person to everybody including our beloved Den Mum.