Ooze Crawler pet

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Vaylan77, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Vaylan77 Guest

Although I like the idea of this pet and the debuff is also quite nice, the pet itself is too weak, it dies instantly even against trash mobs because it has low protection and no AOE immunity and it attacks mobs to deal damage.

In comparison to the Conjurer's priest pet, the Hydromancer, the Ooze Crawler really needs some updates. The hydromancer stays out ofcombat and does not attack directly so it takes much less damage than the ooze crawler which attacks and then takes damage and dies.

Also the Hydromancer is much more versatile and the group benefits much more from him than from the Ooze. The Ooze only has one permanet debuff with different effects for different levels. It should cast different things though in my opinion, although not just one permanent debuff but some strong temporary debuffs. Also it should have AOE immunity like the scout pet and just should stay out of combat at all. Then it could be a nice alternative in some situation but at the moment it is worthless cause it just doesn't survive long enough, not to mention that in PVP fights it goes down even faster.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

The Hydromancer pet for Conjurors is just as useless. No Conjuror in his or her right mind will waste an AA point on it.
    The Ooze pet can be made AoE immune due to Blood Pact.
    The debuff it provided was fairly decent back in EoF, RoK, and TSO when mob stats were significantly lower than they are now, however even then it didn't justify the loss of DPS from not using the mage pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Ooze pet needs some additional debuffs in addition to current ones being increased in value to justify the loss of DPS - i ahd a list somewhere of current debuffs and ones I'd like to see added, off the top of my head maybe (thoughts):
    -X crit bonus
    -X Flurry chance
    -X Crit avoidance
    -X Block
    -X Mem wipe %
  4. ARCHIVED-Troy Guest

I believe the ooze pet also adds focus stats to your other pets.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Troy wrote:
    did they change the ooze pet recently? i put an AA pt in it rougly a year ago. it dismissed my real pet. i repec'd, got rid of it and never looked back. how can an ooze add to the other pets if it dismisses the other pets? can the ooze now be used with the other pets?
  6. ARCHIVED-Troy Guest

Tigress wrote:
    You cant use it with another pet - but the AA puts more focus' on your mage pet - read the discription of the ooze crawly and then examine your regular pet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

Troy wrote:
    Huh? the aa puts focuses on our mage pet? I'm guessing you're reading the benefits of Arcane Minions from the Int AA line. All that means is your ooze pet will have 16% faster recast and reuse, it's not applying that to your mage pet because you have ooze.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    It can be useful if you're a raid geared 90 mentoring down to around... 1-50 then it heals pretty good.

but yes, agreed, useless.
    My father plays a necro and tells me quite often his ooze pet is useless for any situation. Oh the fun we have discussing my conj / his necro and all their useless things they share in common