ooc - Teir'Dal Surnames & history

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Orpiment, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Orpiment Member

Okay, I've been futzing with this for a while now and not coming up with anything good... well, they're probably okay, but the back story on my pair of cranky blue skins is twisted and convoluted enough and I'm falling into nitpicker hell.

From http://www.gamerfables.com/Story/5585 ::

The thing is, I can't find much as to which Underfoot provinces one could/should use. And then I start thinking this is a lore issue discussion, but I just want names for these two so I can finish crafting their histories and get on with things in game.

So should I just stop thinking so much and pull a few letters out of a hat and just growl at someone to mind their own business if they ever ask? That's in character enough for Sevter, though his lady friend is a tad more... friendly ... than most would expect from a Teir'Dal.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

I like the traditional formatting of racial names, but ones with a story or meaning inside them. I use different languages for different races, but for Teir'Dal, the stated above format + google translate (to latin) = win.

Random example: Bellus L'Sicarius (meaning 'beautiful assassin')
  3. Orpiment Member

Well... so far I have Delvra M'Irt (that's a long complicated story) and I'm still working on the other one. I just don't have time now to do much with either in game because I have a bunch of baby goodies to crochet for a friend....

Most of the time I just mush letters together until they sound good, but for these two I wanted something better than me just pulling something out of various random spots...