Fixed Internally only small % of glade striders currently updating Jungle Offerings

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Leonitas, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

mostly just the striders that fly out high over the water will count at this time.
    Fauna likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They were *supposed* to have that fixed for release. Glade striders at Deino Shores, but also glade striders sitting on rocks and vines had quest feathers when the issue was reported in Beta.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

The glade striders sitting on rocks and vines do now have quest feathers and provide updates to this quest. That bug from beta was indeed resolved. I just confirmed this on a live server.

What glade striders are you finding that don't update this quest? Is their name something other than "a glade strider"? Do you have a waypoint for their location?

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

There are a lot of them that don't count for the quest. I did a /bug report on it and was nearby the NPCs when I filed the bug report (On Xyrithia on Antonia Bayle). Essentially, any of the high flying "a glade strider" would count, others would not. Most of those near the sea did not count. Around this area on the map, I found several that worked and several that did not. Hope that helps!
    [IMG]
  5. Kaitheel Developer

OH! Here I've been looking at stage 1 ("Collect glade strider deino feathers from glade striders") while I can only now assume you all have been referring to stage 4 ("Hunt glade striders")

You're talking about stage 4, aren't you?

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On "Jungle Offerings", these had no quest feathers:
    • -57.70 29.94 558.30
    • 17.65 27.24 669.83
    • 180.91 20.99 759.82
    • 266.76 22.39 692.06
    • 342.45 21.37 657.28
    • 611.10 21.56 690.21
    • 685.82 88.60 698.14
    There were probably others, but these were the ones I found before finishing the quest. All the glade striders (excepting Bimse's invaders) should update these quests.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

What does your quest journal say when they don't work?

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Nothing. It doesn't change. It doesn't update. It doesn't react as if you've killed anything at all.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Sorry, let me be more clear.

Does your journal say, "Collect glade strider deino feathers from glade striders" or does it say, "Hunt glade striders" ?

(I am trying to establish the exact step of this quest you are having issues with.)
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  10. fausst New Member

Had same problem. Deleted quest thinking it was bugged. Now cannot reacquire, so no Sig line for that toon now. stoked. Put in CS ticket and was told was nothing to be done and wait for game update.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

12. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

If I recall correctly, it said Hunt Glade Striders. It was definitely not the first time you're sent out to kill the glade striders.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Perfect! That's the exact confirmation I was hoping to receive. It tells me that the next fix that I submit will be for the issue you've encountered, and not just the one I was assuming you were encountering.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem occurs in both places.
  15. Kaladz Active Member

This is the step that is affected.

[IMG]
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Kaladz! The fix is making its way through QA, and should be included in the next live server Hotfix.

~ Kaitheel
    Leonitas and Breanna like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The fix for this went in with today's hotfix. All glade striders should update the quest, at both of the times you need them now!

~ Kaitheel
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna and Clintsat like this.