Only active member in guild....

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Majhandra, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Majhandra New Member

I am the only currently active member in my guild. No one else has logged in in over a year, I am not the guild leader at the moment, is it possible to petition Daybreak to become the guild leader so I can manage the guild. I don't want a new guild. In fact, I would like to start recruiting for the guild I am currently in.

Thanks ,
    Cynn
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There used to be a function on the guild page where you could vote for a new leader, think it took a week. I used that for my guild on that started on Lucan and then was dropped on Crushbone and now Maj'Dul. I petitioned for another of my guilds that is now on AB. So I would try and find the vote function first and if it is not there, then send a petition in.

Cyrrena
  3. Korucuu Well-Known Member

• Added guild leader voting commands for leaderless guilds:
    • If you are a guild Officer, you may now use the command /initiate_guild_leader_vote to initiate the guild leader voting process if your guild does not currently have an active guild leader (no leader has not logged in within 60 days).
    • Anytime during the voting process, if a leader logs in they can cancel the voting process using the command /cancel_guild_leader_vote.
    But don't ask me what to do if you're not an officer hehe
    Jesaine, Twyla and Juraiya like this.
  4. Ealdian Well-Known Member

You can petition Daybreak for a leaderless guild process. It takes a month and anytime during the voting process, if a leader logs in they can cancel the voting process.

If you DO become guild leader, be aware that guilds die quickly if recruiting is not an ongoing process. I have rebuilt my guild 5 times now. I recruit 15 -20 people at a time hoping 5 stick through the first few months. Those 5 are the best of the best, tho, and for that reason, I look forward to recruiting all the time.
    Jesaine likes this.
  5. Benjamen New Member

It really sucks, that I am the only left in my guild. We have only one leader and three officers. The leader has not logged on in 199 days. The officers in over a year. I tried petitioning but they marked it solved with a link to what Korucuu posted. Unfortunately I am not an officer. I have worked hard to get the guild where it is level 144... and now I have to leave. IT REALLY SUCKS: Why can't Daybreak, just add and addendum so that if the leaders and officers have not been on in 100 days or more, then any member can petition to initiate a vote?

Just a thought...
    Twyla, Jesaine and Geroblue like this.
  6. Komatus Well-Known Member

Possibly try contacting Accendo directly. I am sure he could help. :)
  7. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Best to leave an alt in that guild for nostalgia and move to a more active guild. The game is just much more fun when you are with an active bunch.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I empathize with Benjamen here. I had to abandon a level 345 guild on HOF for the same reasons.

There should be an auto-promote built into the guilds for this sort of thing. 60 days or so seems fair. If somebody can't log on for 30 seconds within 2 months to hold onto a leadership role, they probably don't deserve it anyway.
    Edelphia likes this.