On Test - Necromancer spells levels 1 - 50!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I'm personally just thinking of my EQ1 necro and what I used to have to deal with in groups-

"You can mez right?"
    "No, that capped a long time ago"
    " Pet offtank?"
    " PrePoP sure!"
    " Before or after you slow?"
    " Umm..I only slow undead"
    " What about a charm pet?"
    "You mean suicide mezz?"
    " Well, at least you can mana tap for the group"
    " Err.. umm...sure, if it ever lands"
    "Well, at least things will die quicker with you iand the wizard in the group"
    " Yeah I suppose. My dots take a bit to cast and ramp up though. And these are (pick your resist) immune"
    "Well, at least we are wipe proof. Your FD and rez is good insurance"
    " Costs just as much as RL insurance too. 200plat a rez. On a good day"
    " Well, you can always twitch. Just keep the cleric full"
    " You know what, I'm think I'm going to just kite til the raid. Later"

I never want to be that situational again. Especially when the other classses don't worry about it and offer more wow factor than I do.
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

even though in their current form the new spells are kind of bad i think they could really be improved to be pretty nice like alot of spells other classes got. i do like the charm undead but there aren't nearly enough undead in high end experience spots to make it really worth while and the recurring power cost seems very excessive. i think if they reduced power costs a bit or just plain got rid of recurring costs then these would be pretty nice especially with the 1 second cast on consumption. also with a bit more undead mobs in high end zones (don't really know of many solo undead mobs in perma, sol eye, or CT) it would be a bit more useful in groups. also would be nice to see the secondary effect changed a bit to some kind of a mezz instead of a dot especially at that high power cost(so it would be a charm on solo and a mezz for heroics :) ). the huge power cost on it also make me kind of think that in most cases it will probably not be used without some other types of mana regen(bard/chanter) since it is like 700 power a minute as opposed to our non mana using regular pets. even though we probably are the best class for power regen proably with our pet taps, lich, and newly revamped DPP(12.3 now as opposed to 3.4 before according to el chup's post, all i can say is wow more damage while using less power on most spells) that cost seems excessive. i would really like to see this charm udead become useful i think it would be fun to be able to have a charmed pet when grinding would make things alot more interesting having to keep an eye on your pet and make sure he stays charmed and if he resists back him away from group, root, and retry.

i would like to see these spells changed because as is they are pretty useless though it will get better with upgrades to the spells but look at other classes app 1 spells and it seems we kinda got screwed unless these are changed for the better.
    also i have some questions about charm, can you zone with charmed pet like you can regular pet(doubt it but would be nice since most high end zones lack undead mobs the only ones i know of off top of my head are the skellies in EF near MM)? can you charm a single non up mob that is part of a bigger group or will he get hit by encounter AEs after he is charmed if this is even possible? can you have charmed pet and regular pet up at same time(don't see anything in description that says summoned minions are banished like with FD though i doubt it)?
    Message Edited by quamdar on 08-22-2005 01:37 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Hmmm

new charm spell + spectres in expansion = /grin

wonder if any of them will be solo mobs that we could charm
  4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Now, if we could charm them and power tap them to death, that would be kinda fun ;).
  5. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Lol, I still get a kick outta summoning my Zygomid (sp? - whatever) and killing him with a couple taps.
    Wonder how easily this spell will be resisted, and if it would be feasible to keep a pet perma-charmed, at least out of combat by recasting before it breaks.
    Out of combat regen should keep up with the maintained costs easily enough, and as long as solo fights dont take more than a minute or so it may be possible to have a wraith pet hehe.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

It would be nice if since they gave some other classes old school spells (Call of The Hero), if they gave us Screaming Terror from EQ1 (A mez). A body summon spell would be nice too...which reminds me...it says it summons the corpse to us, so just what kind of range are we talking about? Because it can be interpreted different ways. Does this spell make us corpse recovery masters by being able to summon a dead ally across the dungeon or is it just allow us to better position where we want their bodies to end up if they die in the middle of monsters?

But here is my major gripe about all of these changes...we STILL don't have a reason to use our Essence of Anguishes until level 48. Unless I'm just missing it.

As for the person who didn't understand what "Toggleable" meant for the new 50 Conversion. It works similar to our lich spell. Where, as long as you have it on, you lose life and gain power. Well, you target the mob, cast it..then for as long as you keep the effect running it will continue to take damage, give you life, and drain some power. The changes they have made seem to be putting necros back into the role of juggling health/power. Which is fine, because it fits the theme, atleast we're not twitch bots. With these changes we have a lot more control over transfering health and power to do dmg, keep our power up, and help allies.

One thing I dont' understand is EC's complaint that they are "just giving us more LT's" look at what we have now. Necros "lifetaps" are a pitiful excuse. The first "life tap over time" we recieve gives about 8% of your health back to you over a duration. The Teachings of the Dead proc doesn't work well...Siphon life is currently the only lifetap we recieve towards the end of our career. What they've done is spread it out and make the role of necro more constant across the span, so that you feel like a necromancer in your 20s...I don't know about you, but I didn't feel much like a necromancer till I got into my 30s. Hell, I still use Seism. I wish that horrific mark had kept it's power drain component, but oh well...these changes are long awaited and I can't wait to feel like a real necro rather than just a death theme'd DoT'er.
  7. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Any change to our roots after the recent adjustments?
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

See for yourself:
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Whelp, nerfed that advantage we had. Thanks for putting it up Xalmat.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Interesting enough, Conjuror Roots are the exact same as Necro Roots now, except Necros have a Fear at the end, while Conjurors have a 35% Snare at the end.
  11. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Did the necro roots change relative to their descriptions posted in your message? It looks like the necro roots still have their 35% snare???

Greatscott
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Probably because I overlooked the snare portion of the fear. Either way, Necros get a Fear that happens to have a snare with it, Conjurors get just a Snare :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Dayion Guest

that last root last for over 50 seconds at appr1 any idea if the dur last longer with higher lvl like adp3?

also shouldnt the snare and fear last longer with an upgrade also?
    hoping so