On Test - Necromancer spells levels 1 - 50!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Any word on what grim presence does now?
  2. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

There is no buff from the caster pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

The conji's are saying they can't stack aqueous hunters and roaring flames (I assume this will be true with phlogiston as well since it's roaring flames upgrade), which should be the plague of rats and stench of the graves equivelents. Are you seeing these same problems or can we stack both the rats and the limited zombie on the same mob?
  5. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

The rats and the zombie do stack perfectly.
  6. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

is the AE that the ghastly stench uses in encounter or out of encounter?
  7. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Ghastly stench/stench of the grave summon a zombie pet for 30secs. The breath of the unearthed/accursed cloud spell line has the out of encounter AE lifetap.
  8. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

Does the new stench work just like the rats in that once the target you summoned them for dies, they poof? If so, this means we have to pick and choose when to use rats and stench on multi mob encounters. For example, if we use them both on mob 1 of a 3 mob encounter, neither may be available for mobs 2 and 3. I guess its more sustained vs burst dps. we can spread them out so we have one up ad running at all times or throw them both at once out to blow things up quick knowing if it doesn't die before they both poof, we will have a significant drop in DPS.
  9. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Stench's zombie also adds "Any nearby enemies will suffer disease damage over time until the ghasly zombie is slain." :smileywink:.
    Edit: Thanks HB for the update.
    Message Edited by El Chupacabras on 08-18-2005 12:20 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

It is in encounter as far as I can tell. Seems to do about 150 damage and goes off a decent ammount.
  11. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Ahh thanks for pointing that out Elewood, I didnt notice that earlier:smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

I was very interested in the new life transfer spells. Very nice necro's, gratz.

Looking through the spells it appears that you get one at lvl 33.6 and 47.6? Does this sound correct or is their one earlier than that?
  13. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Take a look at the website in my sig, it has the new spells on there so you can see exactly where you get it from.

I just went there also, and it is at 33.6 and 47.6, so you're correct.
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 08-19-2005 09:52 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

These hit test yet?

http://www.eq2labs.com/article/new-spells.php

just looked at the conj boards, seems the NDA has been lifted. Screenshots people!
    Message Edited by Deson on 08-20-2005 02:11 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

those are pretty cool, wish the charm pet lasted a bit longer but still really nice. also the cost to damage/heal on the new dot seems kind of out of line to the rest of our attacks in DPP but hopefully that will be changed a bit. wonder what toggleable means though? not really sure on that.
  16. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Bleah. Crap and crap.

Two spells that do around 1k damage each every minute. True, these are app1's but compare those to all the other mage 50's at app1 and they are quite cheesy. Seems the other mages are getting limited pets (it seems everyone now gets limited pets, even guardians), call of the hero (though I think the conji 50 spells are cheesy too) is back and sorcerers are getting more utility spells.

Guess it depends on how high a mob that charm can take... considering that lovely six second cast time and the fact it's nothing more than an undead master strike, I'm really not impressed. Getting these rare situation type spells just really grinds my gears... every other 50 can be used any time and some of them are very powerful, when am I gonna use this? In Harclave?

It seems every spell designed for us is the same old thing. "What can we give the necro's that'll be really cool and make them stand out? How about another lifetap!". I guess an undead charm is kinda cool in theory but it is so situational and with such a high power cost and cast time I just can't see a time to use it. If it's anything like the enchanter charms, and it looks like it is since it has that "if Normal creature or weaker", we will never ever use it since it'll work only work on "solo" mobs.

Sure, our single target damage will still be great and we've got that heal and rez but where's the flavor? All the swarm pets used to make us kinda special, now everyone has them. Why the heck does consumption have a persistant power cost? Because other classes new level 50 spells do?
  17. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Exactly my thoughts, El Chupacabras

The damage spell is so so weak. Look at its power cost compared to death's coil (3.5 times). Tell me why would i ever use that spell compared to death's coil.

And charm an undead in Maj'dul. Have these guys gone crazy. I'll probably use that like once or twice ever. And every class gets spells they can use in raids or pvp action and we can't. :smileymad:

And the worst is every class, even a guardian gets a limited pet. I thought from their stench of the grave change they wanted summoners to be like pet masters who summon a number of petsto aid them. Hah, good luck, everyone does it now.

Necros get such a raw deal that I plainly refused to believe it. I thought someone was doing some joke spells.

And why the hell do we have so many new spells at level 50 anyway ? Are we not getting them every level now ?
  18. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I'm waiting on the full list but yeah, you two pretty much summed up exactly how I feel. Hands down we have the best look and style in the game and lifetaps are nice but our group effect and our so called utility are incredibly situational and lacking.
  19. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Ya know, it's not even that I minded being somewhat situational in my utility... it's when I compare things like spellshield, all those non-training snare spells and netherous grasp to that charm undead spell that I get wound up.

We used to be the masters of noxious debuffing, now the "lowest utility mage" can debuff noxious for more and debuff all physical resists and we got a high power cost low return lifetap.

I'm generally not this negative but geez, someone on the team has got to start playing a necro. If little old player me can see the problems with all these spell lines in comparison to the other mages, surely someone in development can see them too.
  20. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

I have posted our concerns in the spells/ abilities sections since I doubt it will even catch the eye of any developer here.
    Unfortunately, i do expect to get 1 starred because non-necros will say "dude you got leet charm and you are whining blah blah blah.." so i will ask fellow necros to help me out there and try to explain it a bit if i am unable to do a good job of it.