On Test - Necromancer spells levels 1 - 50!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

And can be VERY, VERY DANGEROUS ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Wiseman160 Guest

There is one question that concerns me the most:

Did they change the way multiple necromancers work together in a group?

My wife and I both play necromancers and frankly we're not very effective together due to lousy stacking issues.

Has any of thise been resolved?
  3. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Yes. You can now both stack the same DoT on the same mob.
  4. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Sweet...I love true AEs....will help getting that destroyer of undead title in the graveyard lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Psyrus2 Guest

Don't get me wrong, but I fear this upgrade. Because they fixed so much at once for us, I fear that people will flock to making Necro's. I like the fact that there are not too many of us out there. All and all very exciting though :).
  6. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

There are barely any of us out there on Kithcor. I just hit 42 last night, and I'm the 54th necro to hit level 42. Who knows how many are actually left playing. Hell, I just started in April. Several had probalby hit 50 and quit by the time I started.

but that can be bad. With a low population, that means the Sages won't make as many of our rare spells for sale. They'll choose a more heavily populated class.

Message Edited by wurtin on 08-11-2005 07:10 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Hmm... running your spells (and assuming they all work correctly) and doing some recast timer finessing I'm seeing a personal (not including the rats damage nor the stench damage nor the pet damage {though their cast and recasts times are included in my math}) DPS of approximately 280 at level 50 against a single target.
    That is one huge damage increase for us and may very well justify they loss of utility. I haven't had a chance to do a paper analyzation of a sorcerer so I won't know how powerful this really is until then. It's a pain to massage those durations into a good damage weave and I could probably streamline a little for a bit more DPS though I think the routine I ran is probably good enough.
  8. ARCHIVED-Methesa Guest

From seeing/testing these changes, I am for the first time - proud to be a Necro.

Highlights:
    I can out nuke a priest.
    My pet holds aggro. I can sik my ad3 thrall on a mob, and then drop my m1 siphon life a second or two later - and he KEEPS aggro.
    Lich form has killed me twice, due to my lack of attention span(m1 kills you fast)
    We are no longer dot-stacking-NecHoes. Hooray for not having to chain cast dots to keep your dps up.
    ... mmm, I feel like a necro.
  9. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Ignore this...dupe post.:smileymad:
    Message Edited by KBern on 08-11-2005 03:42 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

How is the pulling agro?
    I guess I should explain what I mean first. When I duo with my brothers conjurer, we literally kick tons of tush.
    The problem is at times when I pull wiht my pet, the mob beelines right for me. It never happens to him.
    It has happened on first contact (ie. pet gets to mob, mob never targets pet but beelines to me.)
    It has happened when I pull my pet back. (ie. sick pet, beats on mob, I pull pet back....mob changes implied target to me and beelines for me.)
    It even happens when I let my pet beat on the mob for a bit, builds up agro then pulls.
    I would say this is a normal part of pet pulling, but it never happens with my brothers oompaloompa pet.
    We both have adept 3 lvl 38 tank pets. I have my words of the wicked at adept 3.
    I am first curious if other necros face this, and if so, how is this on test at this time?
  11. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

The only time the mob I am pulling with my pet ever makes a bee line for me is if my pet misses his initial attack and doesnt proc any attacks. In that case, the pet has gained no aggro and the mob comes after me.
    Only other time I get aggro is when I am severly outdamaging my RT (usually on purpose against puny solo mobs so my pet doesnt have to eat through his power and make me waste time resummoning/rebuffing every half a dozen fights).
  12. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yeah I understand the agro while fighting, it is the pull agro that has both my brother and I confused.
    We play in the same room at times and he has watched it happen over my shoulder, and neither of us can figure it out.
    I may have to have a heart to heart talk with ole Stretch.
  13. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

On test the RT holds agro like a champ. If you send him to attack a group of 4 mobs, all 4 mobs will attack the pet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

All is good except for the extreme shortage of concentration (I almost think they are going to add the ability to gain more concentration beyond 5 with how extreeme they are getting with it) -- though it seems their goal is to prevent us from using both defensive and offensive buffs on the pet at once... so they made those use 2.. they just haven't properly realized how that change dominos to our other utility spells.
    Also disappointing to see our Poison/Disease debuffs basically going away. From a guaranteed (-550 and -450) to a chance to reduce by 25% when a pet attacks and the debuff is spell is up.
    I kinda' liked when I would group with some 'goodies' and have them surprised and even say 'thanks' when they realize their poison nukes doing hundreds more dmg suddenly becuase they have an evil necro running with the group.
    Now there will only be an opportunity to earn a chance to debuff (IF the spell is up)

Message Edited by Gargamel on 08-11-2005 08:03 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

What I've noticed with our lower level pets is a taunt (or the appearace of the taunt spell) on the whole group as the pet charges in for the attack. I noticed this before the last patch which increased his ability to taunt so I'm a little concerned with being able to pull the mob off the pet at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Well, like i said mage equipement is expensive. I always thought i have pretty nice int gear for a necro. What stuff do you have seeko? Could you maybe link your char sheet?
  17. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

I can self buff to nearly 340 int if i throw my int gear on.
  18. ARCHIVED-Amaterasu Guest

After seeing a thread asking about relative tanking ability of necro pets vs conjuror pets I started comparing the defensive and offensive stance spells.

It seems that their defensive buff has a ward while ours has a lifetap damage shield. Does the extra damage done make up for the significantly lower healing?

Also, they got a new defensive stance at 20 but I don't see one for necros. Could it have been overlooked in the original post or did we not get one at all? If not could the people on test feedback that? It doesn't matter to me but it would be nice for upcoming necros.
  19. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

I would like to know if on the test the pets are doing nice dps and agro well but for HOW LONG?
    Atm a RT pet would go oopower in no time, when soloing/raids I keep recasting pet to get it to full power pet and we know,
    an oop RT = loses agro in a sec to other melee dps on mob.

Also is grim pet doing more dps now just cause his nuke/dots do more damage or he can castthe spells FAST ?
    Cause on live server seems that he takes forever to cast and his best nuke (ad3 does around 300- 500) he uses normaly once per fight only.

Allowen
    lv50 necro
    YUH guild
    MIstmoore
  20. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

We got a new spell the other day which is a low level defensive buff.

Allowen - Currently the grim pet seems to cast spells pretty fast. He runs out of mana quickly also, but I think that is just because he has a tiny mana pool. He regens it fairly fast too.

I would guess that the Scout pet will be the most dps in a long term fight. He does majority of his damage through regular attacks ( pierce or slash ) and while a significant amount comes from specials, he will be impressive dps even after he runs out of power.