On Test - Necromancer spells levels 1 - 50!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Well I logged on test today and after getting spammed by 15 different level 3 players on the isle of refuge about the necro changes.. I thought I would post the screenies on all the spells. Here goes~ and feel free to ask questions as I can test out anything you guys want me to.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Nice post, if you get any upgrades post them as soon as you get them I know we all would like to see what the differences are on upgraded spells.
  3. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

I can go buy app 2s I guess... I don't think there are any level 50 sages on test. ><
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

will you be changing your surname now??
  5. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

do are pets have 2 arrows down now???
    the grim terror in the screenie does. If that is so and pet buffs take 2 concentration slots i am afraid we are screwed.
    It was hard enough as necro allready, so instead of the love we were promised like months ago, we are seriously nerfed i think. With double down pets i cant see us solo much
  6. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

I think that I read somewhere that they haven't changed the pet arrows. They forgot to take out the down arrows. It is going to take me a while to sort this all out. And what spells to save ink for to upgrade.
    Skinrot is a DoT now.
    Siphon Life got a MAJOR upgrade.
    Revivication is going to help out alot in raids. This is very good. Wonder if you can rez anyone in the raid or only in your group?
  7. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Thanks a ton for posting these screens. Im at work now, so I am going off memory to see what spells seemed to change alot, this is what I see:
    1) Stench line now a summon pet for short time
    2)Siphon life lvl 50 now and does alot more damage
    3) Skinrot does a bit more damage, albeit over 4 seconds
    4) Tons of things take mucho concentration
    5) Fade snares us 25% now at ad1 instead of 5%
    6) Can cast Reviv in combat
    7) Eternal Bindings has a chance to fear and snare on breaking
    8) Accursed cloud is now an AE versus an AE Dot and got boost
    9) Grisly line is now a lifetap pet buff
    10) Our pet health to mana got whacked with a bat, I assume to keep us in line with everyone else (breeze only does 24 now, mana regen cap etc)
    Still looking for more, but if I missed some obvious ones please add em : )
    Thanks,
  8. ARCHIVED-Lendis Guest

The down arrows dont really mean much in practice, the pet on test performs at an outstanding level. ignore the arrows.

the conc costs of the buffs simply mean your going to have to adjust what spells are used for what tactics,, no more cast all 5 and be prepared for all.

as it stands on live you need all 3-5 pet buffs to make the pet worth using, the pet buffs are so huge of an upgrade now, casting all 5 would be utterly ridiculous in what the pet would be able to do..

We go weakend in some areas and buffed in others, from a balance and performance view, im VERY happy with the changes so far, more dps, better pets, sure theres buff managing, but there has to be a downside to have an upside.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lendis Guest

Skinrot looks like a dot, but really, its still a nuke, 1 second ticks, so 5x initial damage, over 4 seconds with a 2 second cast/recast. basically a free extra damage tik, plus its slightly spread out and should help controll aggro a bit when soloing/group encounters, wich should be nice due to our increased dps
  10. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Are you playing on test atm? thx this comforts me alot. Hehe i'd like to see how the pet performs then with all possible buffs on it ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

I wish we could copy out characters to test. I so want to try out my Master Grim Terror. Sounds like she will do an insane amount of damage.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lendis Guest

I'm personally not on test, but ive been chatting with Rizaz for the majority of the morning, im going on his reports, and from what he's told me, the pets own now, and you can see the buffs, from his description, the caster pet performs better than the master1 thrall on the live servers atm.

I'm sure if ya ask Rizaz, hell parse and post some logs maybe. but his description in tells is good enough for me :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Lendis doesn't play there there, but I was talking to him all morning..

Let me tell you a story with my caster pet ( adept 1 ) and the lavastorm writ goblins....

I was killing just one, testing out some neat spells and such and I casted Accursed Cloud. AC is now a true AE spell ( not encounter only ) and I agroed 6-7 of the level 45 solo con goblins. They all went straight to the pet and I just let them fight. About two minutes later, my caster pet had killed ALL of the goblins and it was only down to 60%.

End of story - Pets are stronger now then they ever were!
  14. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Well, i believe it too now ;))
    Im starting to LOVE this patch lol, what a turnaround
    And i wish i had bought that master GT, ;))
    Message Edited by schrammy on 08-05-2005 07:37 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Rotting Thrall Buffed with Grisly Stele, Rending Frenzy, and Necromantic Symbol holds agro like a champ. He can actually peel off of me too.
  16. ARCHIVED-schatjager Guest

Thanks for the great post. I too feel better about the revamp but still keep saying "no matter what I will work around and re-learn my Necro" :smileyvery-happy:

Also it looks like our spell upgrades stay with us. So even though Siphon Life moved up a couple levels it still stays Adept III (which is what I have as well). Is there any info for the non-50 Nec's out there that have Adpet 3 Siphon Life? (Say yesterday they have Adept 3 SL what do they have today?)
  17. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Do caster pets stay farther away from the mob and tank now?
    What about casting of the Hearts line. Are they all still on the same timer so you have to wait 30s?
    If you had to recommend one of the new spells that was added to upgrade to Adept III what would it be?
  18. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

Very nice ,I lived these changes much more then I disliked some things.

Positive:
    -Our Lifetabs are doing more damage and we are recovering more hp+low lv necros also getting a form of low lv version of this spell
    -Our Ae dot heal is not just Ae nuke, huge dps and heals us all at once,preaty nice upgrade, might put us closer to AE dps of warlock(even if they get a nice boost as well on those spells)
    -Swarm of bats, isntead decrease spell avoidance that was already nice it will debuff defense(wow)
    -Horrific mark of spells no longer decrease power(the power drain it had was lamme anyways) but will debuff wis/sta from the mobs and give to us !
    - magi's shielding got a very nice boost, much more worth to keep it always ,huge upgrade on defense melee and a new ward component.
    -root spells procing a slow (if it is slow movement orslow speed I dont know but nice anyways)on termination, nice upgrade and make this spell more usefull.
    -I LOVED that they added a heal spell for us like the line we had on EQ1, we can now heal others or even help to heal our pets much more, makes us even more versatile class as we were on EQ1 )
    -seism, a low lv spell and wow, ultra uber spell now for those low lv mages )
    -pet s buffs are adding a haste pct and incrase of offensive skills and seems that will make warlock s pets to get less resists or do more possible max dam(?)
    -seems we will not be able to stack all pet s buffs, the positive side of this is that we can cast other buffs to be on concentration mode
    I guess that is it.

Negative :
    -Our blight/torrention plague spells still suck a lot, expecialy now when compared to accursed coud/seism line of spells.
    -the devouth healh line of spell got power/tic redulced a lot,but I guess we are still the best class in terms of power regen(I hope)
    -now we got to decide to cast a pet s offensive or defensive buff,both will not stack
    -we lost our ward spell that we could cast on ourselves, pet or ally to be pet s only defensive buff now,anyways it might be possible to make grim/shadowy pets able to tank some thing+ hold agro without need to realy need to get warrior pet.
    -I guess our summoned clickie items heart things will do a lot less power regen (sacrificial heart master is 266power and err68(I think) uber spell).
    -our invisible spells are the same as other classes, seems more slow movement penality and no more proc nuke/heal when we get hit by mob or falling.
    -Lich spell stil sucks but seems they added a low lv of this spell as well( ? ) but maybe since power regen got that nefred from Devour health line then lich is notthat bad if it stays as it was before.
    -we will get a lot less power regen/tic and our spells besides the fact of getting stronger they are using more power to cast most spells.

resume:

-So far as I see these changes seems fun but on same time scares me, the fights will be strange, expecialy the raids,with the nerf our our power regen spells and I guess the nerf on clarity and clickie items ...when ppl is near oopower in a raid might be better to die and get ressed to pop at 50pct power since power regen will be low((?)
    -I bet we will no longer cast spells in chain like bards on EQ1 cause,any ways it is ok I guess since they will do so much damage...
    -I dont think because we can do like almost 1k dam with our lifetab high lv spell that solo mobs will die in a sec,mobs should get a good boost on hp,ac and resists, might not means much to do more damage if the solo mobs we kil lthen on same time as we do then now.
    -I saw no talk about other trainning skills other then those trainning pets, I am scared
    -Will we still get a snare dot spell trainning skill since it seems they might kill agro kiting thing since pets will be a lot more stronger?will we need to use defensive buff on pet always when soloing, realy no way to kite+offensice?
    -Is 24 secs the max duration of dots and snare/debuffs still ?
    -What about warlock/rogue pets, are they ready usefull now ?

I guess that is it for now and lets hope every thigns goes ok, that game became more fun, more fair, not easy cause if things goes too easy it can become boring as it did to many necros I know,some quit game cause all too easy ,easy to get master spells, or got just bored cause no versatile of necros on this game as we had ways to fight and help a raid as on Eq1.We all got an idea for now on what spells we should upgrade asap before expansion pack and on the minor update on combat revamp

Allowen
    50 necro
    YUH guild
    Mistmoore server
  19. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

I like what I see, the future looks promising I believe... besides the power regen nerf and the conc thing... and our buffs sucking, looks like we got majorly upgraded
    But I think overall it looks very good
  20. ARCHIVED-xAlaric Guest

Message Edited by xAlaric on 09-07-2005 04:30 PM