On Screen Messages copied to chat

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grouse, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Grouse Active Member

My Pet Peeve!!!

I am forever seeing update information on quest progress popping up in the middle of the screen, only to disappear before I have a chance to look at it, never mind read it.

Please, please, echo those messages into a chat channel so I can review and digest that information.

It must be important. Why else do you post it?

How would I know? I never get a chance to read them.
    Merriel, Cyrrena, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I must second this suggestion. Do I hear a third?
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Thirded.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Fourthed
  5. Altaholic New Member

You can go into your advanced settings and adjust the length of time that pop up messages remain on the screen. Although adding them in chat is not a bad idea.
  6. Kheldar Active Member

A problem with having them remain on-screen, is that you can't click through them. They really are a pain the way they are implemented.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

And to find that special balance on that time they remain on-screen, so that you have time to read them, but they do not stay so long as to become an annoyance is nye impossible.

I will 5th this suggestion.
  8. Grouse Active Member

Garggg.... I just finished Tyrant's Throne for the first time and was able to read one sentence of the paragraph telling my what happened! This is SOO STUPID!
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. Mugwort Active Member

Using the default UI, try the following and see if it helps:

In Options > User Interface > (click [Advanced] button, upper Right Hand corner of Options Menu)

Then scroll down to the advance option "Extended Chat Window Output".

There is an option "Display Quest Completion Details". Place check in the box.

Click the [Accept] button.

Exit options.