Oligar of the Dead

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by slippery, Nov 14, 2012.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

We've never once had a single issue you described happen. Right = mem wipe, Center/Left = damage reduction. Kill only 2 and they don't respawn. Was the same last night as it has been since launch.
    endertank likes this.
  2. Tylia Well-Known Member

Omg this name is absolutely impossible to do EM now. We killed the red one.. we killed the white one.. back on the name.. and the golems respawn. During the second time that the red golem is up, the mem wipes from the name are just impossible to deal with and he is just running around killing everyone in the raid while they are trying to take down the red golem again. The tanks are going through all their snaps and are not able to keep Oligar under control. After 5 tries, we finally gave up for the night. This fight is ridiculous now. :(
    Kraeref likes this.
  3. AustinB Member

Oligar is bugged out in HM now. We killed his red golem and the other two golems despawned, making the mob unkillable as he still had both damage reduction buffs from his other two golems.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Killed him hm the other night prehotifx and tonight pulled him again hm killed right golem (memwipe) then both left and center ones depoped and no repops....he was taking extremely (being generous) low damage almost to the point of not taking any. Anyone run into this?
  5. Jedediah Member

same issue in easy mode killed the red and other 2 despawned leaving him unkillable
  6. Orienne New Member

We did this fight again tonight, post patch, and we killed 2/3 golems every round. They were respawning as they are supposed to, and he still had his damage reduction from the 1 left alive. You could kill all 3 and he will go down quickly until the respawn again, so the fight appears to be working as intended now.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Possibly however the two other golems completely disappeared after we killed the memwipe golem thus leaving his damage resistance up...i.e. sure we possibly could have killed him with people hitting low as they were but we would be there for few hours. Glad yours didnt bug out sadly ours did and I heard from many on other servers they got the same.
  8. Orienne New Member

That's disappointing then because after seeing it tonight I thought it was back to working the way it was intended.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

It worked fine for us tonight as well, killing right/middle.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

Sounds like HM is working, but EM is broken.
  11. Glassjaw Active Member

Pulled it HM last night and sometimes we would kill the center one and the other two would despawn while he maintained the buffs - other times we would kill center and right side and the other would despawn so unless they are on a timer to despawn then I supose it is working as intended but the random timed despawn from what we say does not seem correct.
  12. Froggleg Member

Yeah we had 2 weird pulls on him last night. The first one we burned the right golem and started running for the middle one only to have that one and the left one depop within 2 seconds of us getting to them. The second time we burned right and middle, got back on the named and got golem repops within 10ish seconds of getting back to the named, only to have all 3 depop before we could even get to the right one. The named was on the right side of the room in both of these occasions so it took us a grand total of maybe 3 seconds to run to the right golem and the one time we did get to kill it, it died quickly, so it didn't seem like a dps thing. We didn't have any of the tombstone curses either time.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Pretty much what happened to us....I like a challenge not this...
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like HM is working (re-popping the golems) but EM isn't. Kharma should be repulling this guy on Sunday so more accurate feedback from me then.
  15. Kinya Active Member

This mob is broken as hell... and the most annoying thing is that golems are depoping...
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I sense a gninja "working as intended" line coming.....
  17. Jacksonx New Member

Tonight we had the golems depop several times. First pull they depopped shortly after going cm. Second pull they were working as intended we just sucked and wiped. Third pull was going well went thru 3-4 golem cycles boss was under 50% and they then decide to all depop.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

I think when they re hashed this mob they decided for EM you only get to kill one golem and then the fight is locked.

So to kill it EM, you have to remove 50% of his damage reduction and just deal with the memwipe. I don't really agree with the changes, as it seems to me he's easier for most guilds in HM than EM now.
  19. Gninja Developer

The golems depoping should be fixed in this morning's patch. How are the golems different in Normal mode versus hard mode?
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

Alt raid did it last night killing 2 golems on easy with no problem
    endertank likes this.