Old Raid Zones for fun and achievements

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Noizette, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Take off your armor? or at least your weapons. At the moment, you can also remove your resolve buff. I can't be sure if resolve works like fervor in cases where you're OP for the mob. It seems to. Anything with fervor, remove. Tell pets to not attack unless you tell them to.
    Noizette and Prissetta like this.
  2. Noizette Active Member

We tried no weapons and literally JUST sent the defiler's dog to him, no one attacked and Turt died immediately. Was pretty funny! Will try your suggestions next time we head there, thank you :)
  3. Steelviper Active Member

One-shot bugs out his script. This is what works:
    Normal version about 8k Potency tops, challenge version about 9k-10k potency tops. Resolve doesn't do anything for any content below Terrors of Thalumbra expac, Fervor does increase your damage in % after all calculations applied, like Potency, Main stat, Crit Bonus etc. If you have it over 60%, might try lowering Potency 1k down both versions. Just remove your items with strongest Potency bonuses until you got it down. And absolutely be sure to remove all your ToT / KA Primary / Secondary / Ranged weapons with procs - those are killers and will lead to killing the name too fast and bugging the script. And set your pet on passive, especially in case of Summoner epic 2.0 pets, those will one-shot the name.

You need 2 people on both ends of the dock platforms. The name will teleport to each side every time after taking small % of damage in health, so start working on the name slowly. After he teleports to the other side, let the other toon take it over, and be sure to be within at least 3m range of the name or closer, or he will set docks on fire and you'll wipe. Then when he teleports to his original location, continue with first toon etc. etc.
    At about 15%-10% health left, he'll say something, stop attacking him then, and when he disappears and water starts to lower, jump down and after the water is drained you can finish off the turtles. Those are much simpler straight burn-down, though linked with each other.

The 3 levers at the bottom can be activated by just 2 toons, if your moving speed is fast enough. 80%-90% speed should be able to cut it in time. Let one toon press one lever, and the other toon press one of the 2 others at the same time, then let the other toon run like on fire to the third level and press too. It is doable.
    Noizette, Xillean and Semperfifofum like this.
  4. Occam Well-Known Member

I've been trying this solo and I'm not sure it's possible. The adds spawn near the braziers, but if you don't engage them almost immediately you die. You have 2-3 seconds, but the braziers are so far apart it's just not possible without more players. I have gotten the big add to spawn, but only because my merc rezzed me, then I used an emergency rez on myself. There are 3 small adds though and I didn't have a way to get up on the 3rd death before the encounter reset.

Please tell me there's another trick to this that I'm just missing. I've broken my gear a couple of times already trying to figure this encounter out solo. :rolleyes:
  5. maxximum Active Member

I did the heroic version last week, and had to chrono to 85, remove all my gear and equip a level 80 weapon to avoid one shotting the bosses. For the raid version, I'd suggest starting the same way and just keep adding lv 80 gear piece by piece.
  6. Babsheal New Member

Another one I stumble on: what is the trick to Plaguen the Piper in Plane of Disease?
    How can you harm the adds so they don't pile up as much?
    It says something about being under the effects of specific profession or ascension spell
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The PoP raid zones *require* the presence of all four Ascension classes in your raid to progress. They cannot be soloed.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Zizinana Active Member

this name can be solo killed if you have pretty high dps. Ignore hell. At the end of the battle, the name will be ported to a random place.You can solo this zone only up to the dragon, it cannot be killed without all the ascension classes.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Zizinana Active Member

dear friends, I often have questions about completing raid zones or heroic zones. Unfortunately, there are often no answers on Wikipedia, tactics on the eq2 raider are not updated with ToT .. Here, most often they help with answers, but sometimes questions remain...
    Maybe someone can suggest resources (in any language) where people write down and explain tactics?
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Benj Well-Known Member

Sadly, the EQ2 Wiki and EQ-Raiders are still the best places to find this information. To my knowledge there is no other compendium of raid strategies. There were a few years where the wiki languished, and top-tier raiders were loathe to share their hard-earned information. In VoV and RoR, that trend started to reverse. Raids continue to be tight-lipped, and there seems to only be two or three people willing to update the wiki with raid info.

Please feel free to continue asking in the forums. Any unwillingness to share about past expansions should be over. I'm sure somebody remembers these fights, even if they haven't written it down.
    Zizinana and Cassta like this.