Old Raid Zones for fun and achievements

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Noizette, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Noizette Active Member

It's that point in the expansion when my friends and I are a little bored, and inevitably start looking at old content we haven't killed.

I was wondering if the following mobs / zones are possible for 5 people (maybe 6 depending on the day!)(1 group)

Siege of Zek - Goortuk (do we understand right that without an Illy in group it can't be killed?)

We have killed the preceeding mobs in each zone mentioned.

Dreadscale's Maw - Gatekeeper mob. Tried having a couple of folks on the clickies, but i think we're burning him too fast or something as we always get a fail message.

Rum Cellar raid - Charanda - again, I think we are too powerful now as we get a fail message every time and wipe the instant the adds spawn.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

I don't know about the rest, but charanda can be one shot pretty easily. She has like 30ish billion HPs.
    Cassta and Noizette like this.
  3. Noizette Active Member

Well we found an Illy to help us so Goortuk is down. Now we just need to figure out how to spawn the Weapon of War!
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Meilay Active Member

To Spawn Weapon of War, you need to kill the 3rd named Challenge mode, meaning you'll pull him with the wandering named.
    Kill the one in the water, then kill the one near the lumberjacks, then pull the one near the tdnts WITH the wandering one.
    Last time I did this, it was possible to ignore scripts, if DPS was high enough.
  5. Noizette Active Member

Thank you Meilay, that is really helpful!
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

In maw you need to have two people by each of the machines to the left and right and have them kill adds before you push the thresholds of hp, I don't remember off the top of my head what they were. It's hard because it's all time based, the adds don't pop until certain times and have to be burned before you can push its hp, at the final part iirc you have to run to the mob he spawns before it can heal him.
    Cassta and Noizette like this.
  7. Noizette Active Member

Thanks Adoninilol. That seems to be the problem we're having on a few achievements we're trying for. Someone mentioned something about having to have a special green adorn to do Maw, is that still relevant?
  8. Meilay Active Member

To do MAW- it is possible to 1 shot all of the mobs, except the dragon after the first named, on the RIGHT side platform. I confirmed this yesterday with a guildie, we duo'd it, and even Mudslide was 1 shotting the nameds. The dragon I mention above summons adds and splits from her skin into a skeleton, every attempt to 1 shot her resulted in a script fail wipe- everything else in the zone, died to 1 shots.

Neither of us had any green adorn specific to that zone- just current KA x4 gear etc.
    Noizette likes this.
  9. Noizette Active Member

Ah Meilay, you are a star! I'm actually on HoF too, if I have any difficulties I'll shoot you a tell if that's OK.
  10. Dahakon Member

the second named in MAW just requires you to kill the adds as they spawn and then when the bigger add joins the fight burn it till it dies think you need to kill it 2-3 times before it actual dies and then u can one shot the dragon named.
    Noizette likes this.
  11. Noizette Active Member

Followed your advice guys, and one shotted gatekeeper, then did script on 2nd named, and both are now deaded! Currently lost looking for the next haha.
  12. Noizette Active Member

Doing some of the really old achievements now, and we're completely stumped on Vox Vivisector - Defeat Vox in her Crypt.

According to Wiki to spawn her in killable form someone needs to click the Ritual Shrine without using the essences. The clicker will die but she will appear and aggro us.

However, we've tried this multiple times now, and we just get a chat box message All three essence shards must be released before the ritual can be performed and no Vox to be seen.

We've tried clicking the Shrine with the shards in my inventory, not in my inventory, releasing them in the wrong order but no attackable Vox.

Anyone shed any light on what we're doing wrong?

EDIT: Well, we got a buddy to join us who had already finished Fire and Ice years ago, she clicked the shrine and died and voila! Vox! Still not sure that's how it's meant to work but we're happy to get another achievement ticked off anyway.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You have to either be on the right step of the quest or have completed the quest in order to spawn her. She's part of the game's original signature line and everything on that quest was locked until you were on the right step for it. I'm surprised you were even allowed to zone into the crypt.
  14. Noizette Active Member

I was on that part of the quest, but we couldn't get the aggro version of her to spawn.
  15. Steelviper Active Member

There's also a contested version of Vox rarely appearing on the big platform in Permafrost before the doors to the crypt, dropping mostly different (and better) items too, cause that version of her was back in the days lot harder than the instanced Vox. Don't think that many people know that though.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Back in the day contested always dropped better than instanced, except for Darathar I think.
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Examine the shards in the wrong order. I haven't done the questline since vanilla on Stormhold, but I remember there was a specific order and if you bungled it she attacked. On my live server character I've been farming her for alt leveling gear for years.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This is actually surprisingly relevant because on TLE right now my guild is doing Fire and Ice. My husband and I tried to figure it out on live just using chrono and it does seem fraught with "one mistake and try again in 3 days." I missed vanilla so I don't know how it "should be" done either.
  19. Rubick Well-Known Member

There's a write up on EQ2 wiki that walks you through it.
  20. Noizette Active Member

We followed wiki, like I said it wasn't working as intended for us.

Next on our list is Kraytoc's Fortess. Having great difficulty getting past the turtles dude at the moment as he dies too fast and the turtles just swim around unattackable. Can't move on to kill any others at the moment, anyone any tips?