Old Quests

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by LethalEncounter, Jul 16, 2020.

1. LethalEncounter New Member

I really like playing on the TLE server, but is there any way to bring back the old quests as well? Granted some are related to citizenship and can't be easy added, but the suburbs used to contain quite a few quests that are no longer present in Kaladim. Heading into the suburbs is a very quiet affair where it used to be full of NPCs talking to the player and offering quests.

One quest that easily comes to mind is the Cellar Cleanup quest from Tutorial Island. It was a good quest that introduced players to crafting. I know that the quest used some instruction windows that would likely not work on the newer clients, but those could be easily removed to keep the rest of the quest.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Most of the suburb quests are still there. The quest givers were moved into the city proper or the relevant newbie zone. For example, Foster Graham still wants his face cream, but he's now gazing into the pool by the mage tower. Tilda Sweeps still needs a new broom, but she's in the shipyard in the harbor.

The cellar cleanup was unfortunately part of the Isle of Refuge 1.0 and we got 2.0
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they has a really hard time to bring back the Island of refuge because they recycled those zones , and it took some work to clean it all up and make those quest givers function again .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Fangrim Active Member

Hardly any of the old suburb quests have been moved and are gone forever.
    https://u.eq2wire.com/quests/listing/446679519355/14https://u.eq2wire.com/quests/listing/446679519355/19
    A few examples, the 3 blue ones it says are still in game for Castleview Hamlet are also not in game. Just click the +expired quest tab and it shows all the red deleted quests.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I coulda sword I've done Oh Deer Me since the revamp. But wow, there were a lot more of those quests than I remember. Looks like a lot of those were the original versions of the racial questlines, which in themselves were later addition I thought.
    Fangrim likes this.
  6. Fangrim Active Member

I coulda sword I've done Oh Deer Me since the revamp. But wow, there were a lot more of those quests than I remember. Looks like a lot of those were the original versions of the racial questlines, which in themselves were later addition I thought.[/quote]

There were a maximum of 5 racial quests per race,some of which can still be done in places like Oakmyst Forest (1 Barbarian) And Thew Peat Bog (1Kerran). The racial quests wen't in game at launch and came around 2008/9, not totally sure on that one.There are also loads missing from the main cites.
    Just about all 'missing' quests are from the shattered lands (launch 1-50) A lot of these went with revamps of zones where they put in whole new quest lines (EF,LS,DLW) and even more quest drops (absolutely loads of these) that don't drop anymore from mobs that have been nerfed from heroic - solo and mysteriously never dropped quest starters again!
    Naneeje likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Every time they do an itemization pass it seems like more things just disappear, including drop quest starters. Those get sparser the higher level you get.
  8. LethalEncounter New Member

According to Census, there are 30 quests in Castleview Hamlet (http://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/quest?category=Castleview Hamlet&c:limit=100), but last time I was in the zone I don't remember seeing a single quest giver in the whole zone. I could be wrong, but if there were any, there wasn't much. Definitely not what there was in 2004.

Some make sense (citizenship quests), but the random "kill x spawns for me", why are those missing? Even if the reward is 30 copper, I would take over not having the quest at all. It gives the zones much more life. Right now it seems like bringing back the suburbs was just a half-hearted attempt.
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Fangrim is correct, when the reclassification of Freeport and Qeynos went into effect, some quests were moved around. I found a few quests in the main city that used to be in the graveyard.
    However, I believe the idea was to have everyone start in the good/evil zone to 9, then maybe go back and hit some others. There really isn't a choice now is there? (For anyone who does not know how to click the steering wheel to leave the newbie island).