Old Player Returning

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Xordus, May 16, 2018.

1. Xordus Member

So my wife and I have been playing EQ2 since it came out. (previously EQ1 players). I've quit and resubbed more times than I can count throughout the years and have since returned after about a 2+ year hiatus. My wife has cancelled her account in that whole time but comes and goes with playtimes. She has recently started gearing up and playing again to possibly raid or group with old guildies and watching her play made me miss the fun times.

I left when the level cap was at 100 and only then had 2 of my toons at that level, most were still back at 95 or even 92. Is it me or is the economy completely out of whack? I mean tens of thousands of plat for items now? I thought I had a fair amount of coin when I played because my main was a monk who could hunt shinies like no other, not to mention solo some heroic zones....but I feel like i'm so far behind the 8 ball now I may never catch back up. All my toons are on Halls Of Fate server.

After trying to catch up doing Kunark Ascending I ended up just playing a low level alt...it was enjoyable and fun again. I feel like all the expansions have pushed the game to the point where pretty much nothing prior to the last expansion is even needed. Heck, they give you a full set of free gear, that still is considered minimum with the nex xpac. Don't get me wrong, it is what it is, love it or leave it.

My question is, how is the Progression Server? I have 1 character slot left and was thinking about just starting over on a newer server. Is the economy as out of whack as the older servers? From what I read it looks like population should be as good as or better than Halls of Fate. Seeing advertisements for locked guilds looks intriguing to me at this point. I may not know anyone (my wife wont be happy o_O ) but starting over again may be for me. How far along is the servers expansions now and how often do they unlock?

Thank you for any insight you give me.

~Xordus~
    100 Monk of Everfrost, "Loot ***** Extraordinaire"
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

okay progression server which is Fallen Gate, their expansions unlock every 12 months. they are on EOF at the moment and RoK is just around the corner.
    But honestly it will just get like it Is now when it reaches this expansion over there, so there is no point in going back years only to get where you could have been years prior. The Economy is normal from my point of view, since I have been actively watching it grow. from your point, leaving In Kunark Ascending plat will be different. but everything is still the same, still takes days or weeks to farm a Krono nothing new has changed there, and shinies sell for much more which means you get more Plat. so it in theory is just the same as Kunark just everything has moved onto the next stage.
    a shiny sells for 10plat... now sells for 100plat.
    a krono sells for 200 plat... now sells for 2000plat. these are fake values, but I'm sure you understand.
    Every expansion is meant to be steps higher than the next. its what keeps this game interesting, seeing all those huge damage numbers and maybe going back and taking a look at all the stuff that you could never do first hand solo or with a few friends. getting a 5% increase to your stats per expansion is what Would kill this game. It's great to see a game that is layered out in "Tiers". Tier 1 - 5 is like 1-90 then you got your Tier 6-9 which is 95-Thalumbra 100. then Tier 10-current which is 100-110 which is Kunark ascending and PoP. And yeah they do give you a free set of gear but that is only because they have had 3 expansions at level 100. and if we go back to the tiers section. going from tier 9 straight to tier 11 would faceroll you.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Not to be picky, but the expansions unlock every 12 weeks with mid-cycle content being added about every 6 weeks.