Old Paladin Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Maergoth, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Boli@Splitpaw wrote:
    +1
  2. ARCHIVED-Ufabao Guest

i think they want all the paladins to betray so they can get rid of the class, that way when the beastlords are added there will be 24 classes and 6 of each archetype,

its brilliant
  3. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Ufabao wrote:
    Go ahead and betray.
    That way you can find the same exact issues only while tanking more sustained damage and having less agro control outside of a "perfect" tank group set up.
    Good luck.
  4. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Bruener wrote:
    pff at least I could FD scrubs during raid
  5. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

I don't think Bruener has played a paladin. He's suggesting that Shadowknights are almost as bad off. Funny joke sir.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    I think you don't have a clue on SKs...as pointed out by your own MT.
  7. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Bruener wrote:
    please for all the love of god please tell me you don't actually agree with that guy... He was mental and at least part of the time I can agree with you...
  8. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Buzzing@Butcherblock wrote:
    Actually I agree with Dark a lot, he actually understands Fighter mechanics unlike 98% of people on these forums.
    Yes, I am sorry a 15s Death Immunity on a decent recast is OP'd. You might as well call it a 100% damage reduction for 15s. Maybe on a recast of like 12 min.
    As he said, and as I have said...yes Paladins need a little something. Really though it is an all around Crusader problem with how things got rolled out in DoV for us. I mean look at how garbage of an ability Manawall is....and even though it was pointed out during beta it still rolled out with a useless ability that is supposed to be a survivaiblity boost.
    But really you can discover this yourself by easily betraying and than realizing you have the same lack of spike damage tools still compared to Brawlers and Guards.
  9. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Point is imagine playing with the current mechanics without your myth clicky and without your single charge stoneskin and without your ward. The fact we have a 10% DR 10% heal on our myth means nothing when you're being smashed in the face repeatadly for 100%+ of your health.
    I know SKs are in the same boat as far as survibility is concerned but in truth you're a lot better off than we are right now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Actually I even said that we don't need anything that crazy, was just saying that it isn't that overpowered and the only one in game is on a 60 min recast.
    And yes Shadowknights need a boost to survivability, but you may want to eat your own words and betray for a few days. I actually have 90 SK on another account (because I am lazy and would rather use my lady's account to power level my alts then spend the time to actually level them)
  11. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Wow, I didn't read the last few posts here. Unbelievable.
    I've played a Paladin, I've played a monk, and I've played a shadowknight. I'm very educated on the subject, and I offer you to betray and try out the lesser class. Survivability? I'll stretch REAL HARD and say that we both have issues. Shadowknights have almost three times what paladins have in that department, but it's still not enough. Fine. DPS? Utility? Aggro?
    Shadowknights destroy us at every turn. You are the offensive crusader, and your survivability is already pretty good.
    We are the defensive crusader, and we have nothing.
    I had someone on my toon for raids call me on the phone and ask "What does your class do? Where are your specials, where are your temps? What's the trick to doing DPS? Why isn't holy ground working for the memwipes?"
    I laughed and hung up.
    I'd be careful listening to everything Darkon says. He's not a very good shadowknight :/
    inb4 you must not be a good paladin, you complain about it, etc.
  12. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Maergoth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, because Troubadours are raid relevant, broken tanks are not, when there are enough other to fill their spot.
  14. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Bremer wrote:
    Even broken troubs will get one or two spots in a raid.
    Broken Tanks are simply asked to leave; whilst it may be annoying to play a troub in a raid with the JC immunity timers etc you will still get a raid spot... I can see *why* they did troubs first but pallys have been overlooked for so long and issues we have aways had (dieng to spike damage, lack of agro snaps, low utility) are just more obvious in Drunder but they have been present since LU13 and DoF.
    In RoK we had the best time of it with our mythical, Holy Ground and high block... but we were completly overshadowed by guardians and monks. In TSO, it was SKs, although we had an "ok" standing. TSF we were starting to really struggle and guardians/bruisers were starting to shine on rough mobs and zerkers pwned everywhere; and this expansion we started out well... but have since (in many cases) literally collsaped
    Our high block has been completly ... well struckthrough by strikethroughs; and HG has been nerfed. Continual memblurs reduced the power of amends... you can pretty much chart the fall of the paladins with startling accuracy.
    Actually you CAN chart the fall of pallys pretty well I even made a "tank desire-ability chart" - its *not* perfect but it shows our ever downward spiral from what was once a "needed" and "very solid tank" to... well what we are now
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

There were a few little tricks that delayed the overall tank "nerf" around SF.. like SKs bugging out their bloodletters, paladin adding DI triggers with timewarp, etc. but in general, yeah.
  16. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Thank you for your feedback, everyone! I will forward your suggestions to the devs and see what they say about this.
  17. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Isulith wrote:
    And I still love you
  18. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Thank you for letting us know somebody has noticed the thread! thank you!
  19. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Anurra Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Thank you.