oK who decided that tradeskiller could be killed coming out of

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alenna, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

The plant isn't the only benefit you got from the quest. If it was, I wouldn't of done the quest. You also got an ability to manually harvest in half the time. Honestly, that is big if you are harvesting. You also got the goblin gardener merc which is pertly good.

You will outgrow the plant, but the rest of it scales with level. I would hope that the goblin gardener quest line continues for at least one more expansion, just to really make it worth having.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Gneaux Active Member

I really hope they implement actual "harvesting" in the next xpac,, and not have only a single zone of the same instance to harvest in. Also what is needed is a way for low adventures/max crafters a way to harvest as well. After all, if we are to be getting a 10 level increase, it also means we are going to have to max out our harvesting skills once again.
    Xianthia likes this.
  3. Darcmoon Member

I imagine they will have to have regular harvests in the xpac. I'm also hoping that there is at least 3 zones to do so in. I'm hoping they don't continue the goblin gardener quest since most of my characters wouldn't be able to do it since I'm not giving up the goblin on them.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

And I'm the opposite: I really hope they continue the story (which I quite liked) and give us a way to upgrade the plant to current level rares. It would be much better if that plant wasn't just a "one and done" quest reward.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

(to the tune of Free your mind)

Free your goooobs.... and the rares will follow!
    Harvest all nodes... don't be so shallow!
    Kethryl likes this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I decided to do the quest to get the plant on my main character. So I have one plant and she has the buff which since she is the one I harvest on, that was worth it. However, I forget to harvest from the plant and don't intend to do the quest on my other characters at this point. I'll wait and see if this is a one and done thing with the goblin or if the plant is improved with each expansion.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

One thing that I wouldn't want to see is any changes to the plant. That would be taking away a previous tiers reward to give you a new one. A better implementation would be to give you a new benefit without taking away the old one.
    Shmogre, Finora and Katz like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I was going to say I hope they never implement another 'rare harvest' the way they did the obulus plants ever ever again anyway, but I certainly don't want them to do anything to the plants we already have other than maybe adding a menu to choose between old and new stuffs.
    Shmogre and Gneaux like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I'd rather have a chance of rares from nodes that give you commons and rares than have nodes that are difficult to get because of everyone going after the few available ones. And I'd like the drop down menu for tier of rare choice as an upgrade for future plants.
  10. Gneaux Active Member

THIS x 1000 please,, NEVER EVER make us have to fight for rare harvests in a single instance of multiple copies of said zone,, EVER!
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

You being forced to level adventure to participate in tradeskill? Oh, tell me how awful that is. *epic 2.0*
  12. Darcmoon Member

I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about fighting mobs. They were talking about the fact that the rares can only be found in the first instance of OF.
    Prissetta, Gneaux and Finora like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Probably making a valid assumption based on history. What has been done for our apprentices? Nothing, once you go through the recipes they had when you got them they sit around eating bon bons and discussing their various medical issues. There are untold numbers of fantastic systems that have been implemented only to languish and die so other new systems can come in that are really not needed. Just expand what we already have, stop making completely new systems.

Cyrrena
    Kethryl likes this.