OK we NEED open global chat to bring the world alive

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Sunlei, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Sunlei Well-Known Member

And tracking that tracks everyone. Plus let players disable their guild list locations...there's people who are on multi guilds and farm their own guildies across factions. Lets make their 'job' a bit harder. And if discord is the onlt chat that works properly, give us a link on the eq2 ui to open discord.

That's all I have today! Happy hunting.:eek:
  2. Riverbear Active Member

I could be mistaken, yet it seems as though what you seek is Eve Online,
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

All opening up world chat would do is add an endless stream of verbal abuse, teabagging and griefing to the point you couldn't even break through the chat with LFG or anything else.

Nagafen. It was a thing for 12 years. Clearly you weren't there. The devs have learned from their mistakes.

You couldn't possibly add more negativity to the server than to open up world chat. People break through with /shout or whatever as it is, and have alts/alt accounts to scout lowbies/newbies with that they blabber on. That's bad enough.

NO.
    Riverbear and Breanna like this.
  4. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Those people with opposite faction alt accounts farming new players and 'farming' their OWN guildies off the guild lists...

is what caused the first big 'quitting event'. Plenty of 'toxic' players left farming the last population on the server to death. They send tells with extra accounts.

edited out what people can see themselves.

The OPEN world is to quiet and to many people leave because of the 'hidden' but very active toxic element. Open global chat and people across factions will participate more.

/shout is not global just zone wide.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

pleaseee, /begs- open global chat and second suggestion, give Avatars a Global SHOUT when they are under attack :)
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

still need this even a global voice or global discord voice will help bring the world alive.
  7. gambitak Well-Known Member

Are people so pathetic that they need this type of "win" in their life? I don't know their situation, but that's fairly bad. I came here to see if it was worth trying PVP again and, after seeing this post, it will be a big "No" from me. I play a game for fun, not to "win"; and, I played Sullon Zek (no rules*) on OG EQ.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Sunlei Well-Known Member

That was 10 months ago game has evolved. Guild famers of their own members are gone. Some people farm their alts, lol!

Game still needs open tracking( not limited by faction) and open GLOBAL chats so you can speak with & track the few who play. Flying mounts would be very good & leapers.

What do you have to be afraid of? You get a free clickie lvl to 70 & free full gears. To afraid to even try?
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

I never understood this need by some people to try and hustle the PvP server like they're channeling their inner "used car salesman". Tarinax isn't a secret, folks know where to find it.
  10. gambitak Well-Known Member

LOL, this response so reminds me of PVP players. "Afraid" in an online game where death literally means nothing? I've made several characters over the last two years for Tarinax and never received a free clickie. Even if I did, I don't know that I'd use it, like I will never use the 120 boost.

Every single time I was on the server, there were maybe 5 people and nobody speaking. It was even more boring than live servers.
  11. Sunlei Well-Known Member

This past about 6 months any new created character can boost to lvl 70.

No matter now, instead of trying to make/test/TRY some positive changes/adjustments on Tarinax.... the " permanent pvp server" was murdered.

I never use any level boosts, except one that perma-camps next to the highlvl overseer quest.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Sunlei, because I love PvP servers too, but the 50 dweebs running cheats at launch who got caught, then in retaliation duped billions in plat and handed it out to other players to destroy Tarinax, are the ones who really killed it dead. Oh, and the early mentoring exploiters and level lockers who griefed and ganked new greens til most everyone else bailed out for good, killed it too. Quit placing all the blame on devs when it's really the player base that does its own self in every time.

And what I'd like to know is, how is this new server going to be more cheat-proof and grief-proof? If it's just another run-of-the-mill Tarinax, they should quit bothering. I understand they need the "new server cash flow" but even back on its launch day, Tarinax didn't have nearly the population of Varsoon. This new PvP-TL will likely launch a lot lower in pop than Tarinax did, without new cheat-proofing and grief-proofing.

Oh, and they need to stop releasing pay-to-win cash shop mounts with extremely OP stats on them; enough already with that.
    Raeven, Spectre and Breanna like this.